Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many ponnies should I expect? It has PCII, K&N filter and Scorpion (carbon oval) exhaust and has 10,000 miles on the clock.

Cheers

Raz

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
114 if the exhaust is just a slip-on

120 if its a full sys

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
my 98 750, with an oval scorpion straight through endcan completely stock everything including airfilter made 118bhp. but what concerned me was it only made 50 in torque, they said it was the endcan hammering the tq....put up a post and let us know how you get on. dan uk.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
my 98 750, with an oval scorpion straight through endcan completely stock everything including airfilter made 118bhp. but what concerned me was it only made 50 in torque, they said it was the endcan hammering the tq....put up a post and let us know how you get on. dan uk. since then just done airbox mod that'll affect full power.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree around 116-120 rwbhp. But all dynos read differently due to calibration ,correction factors or smoothing factors used, hmmmm and how the dyno chap snaps the throttle off at the end of the run. There are so many ways to cheat!

The best way to get better numbers is to use an optimistic correction factor ie DIN, EEC which is the proper European standard gives lower numbers.
Thus is seldom used. Funny that!

I had the old girl dynoed and got 122.8 DIN or 120 using the EEC standard, at the back wheel. This is from a carbed 1997 WV, I could of got more top end but it would of killed the midrange.
Midrange is more important than ultimate topend power on the road unless you max it out all the time.

Nice to hear from some fellow brits, "Road and Track Dyno" as advertised in the classifieds of MCN are really good, Chris is the daddy! Cheap too.

cheers
Sean (Oxford, Great Britain)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am taking her to PDQ in Taplow (Berks.) Hope it turns out OK. I am also worried about the midrange. It is just so lean compared to my last bike, a CBR 900 RR. (94) I sold my other bike, a Bandit 1200 the previous week. Talk about midrange. The bike would do 100mph @ around 4500 rpm. But it had no top end. Would hardly cross 120mph. Gixxer goes nutter at top but the mid range is just not there. That's what I want to see. This is my first under 900 cc bike in last 5 years, maybe those big bikes have spoiled my riding style and I am not in the habbit of revving the nuts off a bike any more. Tell you what, my RF900 RR had a very fat mid range and a very decent top speed. I clocked 160mph on it, the fastest I have ever been on a bike.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the late awaited result:

Bhp: 122.6 @12,250rpm.
Torque56.7 ft-lbs @ 10,000rpm.

The guy at PDQ said that she was running a bit lean at the top end and he could get up to 125bhp out of her but it would increase the fuel consumption and he did not see any need to do that. Will post a scan of the result later on.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
thats excellent mate. if you wanna sort the fuelling, you can download a map suited to your bike and modifications, others will clarify this and where to get it cus i dont have a pcii. good power though. even more if you stick on a full exhaust system. dan uk.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can't afford a full system at the moment. Rear Michelin Pilot Race is gone within 3000 miles. Might go back to D207s in 180 size. It has still got the stock front tyre on. 10,000 miles on it! Maybe I don't brake hard enough. Rear never lasts more than 3000 miles. Then I have to buy a steering damper, chain needs to be replaced (that should give it a couple more horses on the back wheel). With that chain on, I got a very good dyno reading.

Raz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts