Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non-California '92 GRX-R 750 and just found out the gas tank I bought on Ebay may be a CA model. It has a very large breather tube nipple (1.75" dia.) with a check valve in it. There is also an extra fitting with a tube and small black plastic right-angle connector/valve (perhaps?) on the rear underside of the tank. Does anyone know how to deal with this?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
OK, here's the drawing from the zook manual:

It's got to do with the charcoal-cannister and evaporative-emmissions-controls that CA is so strict about... The check-valve in your top breather-valve is actually a kinda bonus... all that means is that you can't spill raw fuel out the vent-tube because the check-valve will prevent it. OK, so it looks bigger than the other 49-state model, so what? The fitting in the back of the tank should prolly be plugged up somehow... it doesn't *look* like it would leak fuel with that vapor-seperator in the tank, but I've never had hands-on and I'd worry about it if it were mine. Otherwise, the water-drain nipple and fuelcock should be the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pic FastCat. I'll look into plugging it since it took me forever to find this tank to match my paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts