Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put yhr forks on with the 93 bottom/top triples and the ignition is hitting the the tab that the fairing stay bolts to. what do i do now. do i have something on wrong? i was back tracking on this subject and saw someone say that i might possibly have to make a spacer for the top triple........is that true? thx AGAIN for your guys' help. what would i do without gixxer.com

·
Registered
978 Posts
wuzzzzz up oldschool86 i cant help with the forks but the wheels you sold me look great!!!!!
thanks again for the good deal
JIMMY

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Here is what I did:

I cut the ring off so that the ignition would fit. It is still a tight fit but it works. This is also an 93 1100 that I put on my 86 750.

Make sure you don't cut off the mounting holes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that looks cool. so the 86 ignition will work (as far as clearance goes) over the mounting bracket? also, how much of the tubes did you have sticking up past the top triple? is there any set distance that it should be. you know a good place to find a speedo hub for the rim? thx for your help.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I put the stock clipons on the top to get the right height. Then I bought a set of woodcraft clipons (52 mm) and mounted them below the top triple clamp. I am using the speedo hub off the 93 but I have heard that one off a kawasaki would work (not sure of which year).

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
i used a 88 750 speedo drive that we took off 2.5mm in a lathe to get the spacing right also you need to make sure the drive tabs match up with the wheel, we tried a couple( off a katana that didnt match but were the right width.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts