Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
You going to June 19 with USBA? That is my day at Putnam, and membership into USBA is Free and trackday is $150 (run by STT)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Chris. I probably will be there. I met the owner at my last trackday there. If I remember correctly he was riding a Buell or something of that nature.
Amp... I'll look for you. I won't be hard to spot..a big black guy on an Alstare GSXR...

·
Registered
257 Posts
LOL, well i certianly could not miss that. Look for the short skinny whte guy, with primered plastics on a R6.

i just checked the weather and hopefully the extended forcast is wrong. 60% chance of rain right now.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Speed, i just checked the Mt Meridian forecast for saturday and it looks GOOD. 75 and sunny. Of course with my luck it will change but it looks better than the last forecast i checked.

See you there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Speed and Alstare,

Speed, I want to apologize again for running you wide out of turn four, I pushed you onto the rumble strips in the 2nd or 3rd session. Sorry, like i said it is a new to me bike and i was having some issues. The bike would run wide when i got on the gas and i was having some major chattering issues with the front. I did not see you until you were next to me.

First session the bike was way too soft, it felt terrible, I made some adjustments and then the chattering and pushing problem showed up. I never felt real comfortable all day and was having issues just holding my line.

Anyways, just wanted to apologize again.

Alstare, sorry i did not come by and introduce myself, I was trying to get things figured out with the bike all day.

Hope you guys had a good time. I will be back there in June with Desmo of Indiana.

AMP #776

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey AMP no problem. For a second there I thought you were talking about me running onto the rumble strips in turn 8. I got pushed wide there by a guy on a gixxer. But the crazy part is i think my bike went airborne for a second. I stayed on the throttle of course and when the back wheel hit all I know is my rpms shot up like a raped ape. Believe it or not this same guy pushed me wide in turn 10 in an earlier session. Whatever bike he was on (i think it was a 1000) he would crawl through the curves and then wack the throttle open on the straight which made it difficult for me to pass. Needless to say I did let him know how I felt later in the session as he went to take turn 8. But all in all I had a pretty good time. I moved down to the beginner group after the first 2 sessions in intermediate. I just didn't feel comfortable with the huge crowd of bikes in that group. Running beginner was cool b/c I could get 1-2 laps of wide open nobody in my way, but when I did run into a pack it was horrible. In one session I had a guy go extremely slow and wide in turn 8 and I'm carrying a lot of speed into the turn. For whatever reason he then decides to dive back inside (keep in mind he was to the right of the tar strip on the track) right into my path. I had to come off the throttle and force the bike extremely wide to miss his back tire. But the worse one of the day happened going into turn 1. As I was coming over the crest right before the brake markers at the end of the front straight I see this guy who I am closing on too fast for comfort. Let's just say I ended up having to go down to first gear to keep from being up his back end. So other than those few moments I had a great time. I ended up taking 10sec off my laptimes by the end of the day (from 1:39's to a 1:26 on one of my later sessions). Man those laptimers come in handy.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Lol!..Amp, that was you...small world. Anyways, don't worry about it. No hard feelings. Thats just part of the risk of passing on the outside. It was quite an experience digging in on the outside of the rumble strip though!

All in all I had a great time. I sure wish they would have had tire services. My rear tire was well past it's prime for most of the day. The right side looks like a slick now! But I had fun nonetheless. I like that track more and more each time I ride it.

Alstare, it was good hanging out with you. Hopefully the photographer got a pic of you with both wheels off the ground! Hell, I might even buy that one! Good luck at RA.

Glad everyone made it home in one piece. Bring on the next track day!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, i was not sure if it was you until i saw the bike number you posted on here this morning.

I was really struggling all day, it was my first time on the track since Sept of last year and a new bike to boot.

I will try to hold a better line next time and pick up the pace. I was running in the 1:24-28 range all day but really felt like i was pushing my luck doing it. Not real sure what to do yet, i need to talk to some Susp. people to figure it out, i was dragging the pegs, pushing wide and having that damn chattering in the front. My confidence was screwed all day.

Sorry again man, i know how much it sucks to be pushed onto those strips. I ran wide out of Dead Bear and hit them it sucked!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.