Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the trick to getting the center out of the pushpins in the tail section of the bike..they seem fused together.never had this difficulty on my car,but this bike ,,,its like these pins are one solid piece??

·
Registered
280 Posts
yeah, those pushpins are a bitch. i ended up breaking them off for the chain guard. how are you suppose to take them off and where do i get replacements?

·
Registered
232 Posts
b_hoey2000 said:
what the trick to getting the center out of the pushpins in the tail section of the bike..they seem fused together.never had this difficulty on my car,but this bike ,,,its like these pins are one solid piece??
As the name suggests you should push the center IN. Use a small screwdriver or something similar and push it in gently. Then the two-piece pin can be taken out. It is one base piece and then the center pin. When you mount them put the base in first and then push the center in.

·
GDC's Martha Stewart
7,545 Posts
A small phillips screw driver that had a fine point did the trick for me. You really have to give it a nice firm push right in the center. And then after that you use your finger nail to kinda lift up the cap.

To put it back in.... you push the pins up from under and slide it back into the slot.... and then push the small center pin back in.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since I had trouble myself, once I figured it out I made a short video.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts