Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go to start my bike, I pull in the clutch and press start and get nothing....Then I'll let out the clutch and pull it back in and then hit start and it will fire up??

I haven't really paid attention to it because it does start, but what does this sound like?

ALSO, can I bypass the switch that makes me have to pull in the clutch to start the bike? If so, where is it and can I just cut and connect both wires?

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
its most likely the clutch switch

mine went out too

you can just hard wire it, test it.... see if it start everytime, if it does, it is the culprit.

i just left mine hard wired, i'm not dumb enough to start the bike in gear

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
The switch that's activated by the clutch lever can be moved, so that the mechanism is bypassed.

Have a look at your clutch lever, and u'll see how the it activates\deactivates the switch. There's a little philips screw there, and u can loosen the screw and move the position of the switch along the horizontal plane.

FRom memory, if u move it away from the handle bar, the clutch lever no longer activates the button on the switch.

Personally, i leave it as is.

But since yours is faulty, it might sort your problem. Do let us know the result

KaTz

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hey guys, I think you forgot to mention...that if "Outcold" disingages his clutch switch, and his bike is in gear, it still won't start, if his kickstand is down. That is unless of course, he's already disconnected that. IMO both ideas are what I call a "Bad idea" I don't know about anyone here, but I'm sure everyone has at least once tried starting their bike, with their kickstand down, not being able to, then right when your about to go get the Alan keys, and toolbox, you realize you're in gear. I say just have it fixed. After all, a fool and his bike in gear are soon parted..heh. Good luck to ya!

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well both my clutch and my kickstand are turned off.. I just know that I have to check to make sure I am not in gear.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts