Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tomorrow I go to Phoenix to pick up a 2008 B-King. Reviews state that the Hayabusa engine is unaltered other than different intake and exhaust. Hope so. Although a de-tuned Hayabusa engine is probably still a formidable mil.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I would edit to add this query but the forum won't let me edit this post. Funny, it lets me edit other posts I make . . .

Does anyone here own a B-King? If so, what do you think of it?

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Those. B kings are some bad bitches. I really like them. There is a kind of sort of underground street racing thing in the city I live in. There's a dude that's always at "the cruise" with a black b King always trying to instigate races with anything with a motor. Rumor has it, dude pretty much takes everyone's money.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,797 Posts
I don't care for the giant exhaust but I do love a good hooligan bike. One with a busa motor sounds like a big ol' pile of fun to get into trouble on.

With risers like that, I imagine it's hard to keep the nose on the ground when frolicking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm an old guy -- 68 years old -- so my hotroddin' days are behind me. I never really was a race boy, even in my prime. I just love fine machinery.

I've had quite a few sport bikes and never really rode them hard either.

·
7,797 Posts
Well hey, there's nothing wrong with cruising. If you really dig your ride, then just keep it pretty / shiny and enjoy :cheers

I'm just a young pup in my 50s so I'm still occasionally inclined to do a track day and / or hit the gas for a second or two here & there. :biggrin

·
Super Moderator
15,024 Posts
Too bad those B-Kings never really caught on. I've always like them for what they were and were trying to be. Clearly not enough people did. :dunno

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,937 Posts
I'm an old guy -- 68 years old -- so my hotroddin' days are behind me. I never really was a race boy, even in my prime. I just love fine machinery.

I've had quite a few sport bikes and never really rode them hard either.
You might find that hard with a bike that'll come up in 3rd gear, bone stock. :lol
I think they're sweet, and they clean up nicely with a quality exhaust. The stock one is simply too large.

If I get a naked bike, this would likely be the one I get. Even over a 1290 Duke.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might find that hard with a bike that'll come up in 3rd gear, bone stock. :lol
I think they're sweet, and they clean up nicely with a quality exhaust. The stock one is simply too large.

If I get a naked bike, this would likely be the one I get. Even over a 1290 Duke.
Well, I currently have a 2017 ZX-14R SE and I've had a Honda CB1100XX Black Bird, a CBR929RR, a GSXR750, and a Kawasaki ZX-9R. I pretty much know how to control myself while riding powerful machines. And get this . . . I haven't had a speeding ticket in 40 years.

To say the least, I'm not your usual owner of sport bikes. :wink2:

·
7,797 Posts
I recently rode my (auto) mechanic's 2017 ZX-14. Crazy amount of torque.

If you already have that, why would you want the B-king? As 'another' big midrange-grunty bike? Or to replace it with something more upright?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I recently rode my (auto) mechanic's 2017 ZX-14. Crazy amount of torque.

If you already have that, why would you want the B-king? As 'another' big midrange-grunty bike? Or to replace it with something more upright?
Mostly because I'v never even seen one. I also just like cool machinery and this one popped up at a reasonable price and completely stock. Also, I'm a bit crazy in me old age -- just ask me wife. :smile:

Here's a pic. I go and get it tomorrow morning . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
I really like them, but you've got to get rid of those gundam meets bosozoku exhausts; they look really nice with slip ons and a fender eliminator, and this is coming from a guy that has hever installed a "tail tidy".

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the responses. Most folks seem to like them, except for the big weird cans. That makes me feel better about the purchase. I'll give a short ride review in a couple of days -- I'm picking it up in a few hours. Now I have to make that long awful drive up to Phoenix and trailer it back . . . meh!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went for a good ride this morning, about 50 miles. She sure is smooth, powerful and handles well. I only have one complaint . . . the mirrors. Buzzy/fuzzy -- hard to see anything clearly behind me. They are positioned well enough. I searched this forum but couldn't find much for mirror replacement on the B-King. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts