Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a \'92 1100 tonite!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone on this board. Like I said I've got an 1100 and I'll be asking alot of questions. I have no doubt I'll get all the answers here.

It has 8000 miles on the clock and still has the oem pipes. However, it is in fair condition at best. It needs some of the usual wear items and I'll be asking advice for these soon.

I bought the bike to resell as I have three bikes already. However, I'm very curious to ride this big GSXR. I love motorcycles and I'm sure it will be hard to sell after riding.
I'll ask some specific questions soon once I start working on it.
Mike

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Re: Purchased a \'92 1100 tonite!

Welcome! How about some pics? You got a good one. Hopefully after you ride it you will decide to get rid of something else. I had a 91 (identical to your 92 execpt paint) and loved it untill run into by a hit and run truck. Parts are still around for this model if you just look.
Bones

·
Premium Member
137 Posts

Congrats on the new wheels! I have the same bike in the red/black tiger scheme. Just something about these oil coolers. Done a few mods. I have the Suzuki factory manual. Let me know if I can help.Finally figured out this picture thing.

[ 11-22-2002, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: mconte ]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'll try and make a long story short.
I purchase the bike from my father-in-law. I made a partial payment and I'm supposed to give him the rest when I sell it in the spring. But after having it in my garage for half an hour I'm thinking it might be tough to pay him the rest, let alone make a couple hundred bucks.

I didn't find any damage to the bike but nearly all the "wear" parts need replacing. He told me rode it this summer. I should have looked it over better but the bike was sardined in a dimly lit barn.

chain & sprockets
fork seals
brake pads

now the weird things

JR9C plugs that are black and wet with fuel; in other words, it won't start
K&N individuals and oem exhaust
Michelin Macadams!?!

Actually, I don't think it's been crashed. The plastic is decent for 11 years old. It's all black, no graphics (they were removed) and the tank is red on top.
Well, that's my story.
I want to keep posting here. This looks like a good board. I will certainly take up offers for help and I will post photos here this weekend.
Mike

·
Registered
978 Posts

i would say nurse it back to life and keep it and pay him off you won't be disapointed it's a great bike

my2cent
jimmy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts