Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Thanks brother ! 1 mile at a time馃憡馃憡馃憡
Heck yeah man, my k3 is super strong.. I just put a new mid pipe and exhaust can on. Get rid of that exhaust valve mid pipe, you'll love it even more! Also just curious, how many miles do you go between oil changes?

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
@le skid thanks for the reply!

I am much like you in that regard, I prioritize a clean bike over small year discrepancies.

The guy with the pristine Mladin Replica has dropped his price to USD 3,500 - feels like an absolute steal. He has just done a new clutch kit, water-pump, front & rear brakes, sprocket & chain. Has owned the bike for 12 years.

Going to spend the day mulling it over tomorrow.

Registered
Has all of the indicators of being well taken care of, could be an excellent purchase if everything checks out.

Registered
03 Gsxr1000
Heck yeah man, my k3 is super strong.. I just put a new mid pipe and exhaust can on. Get rid of that exhaust valve mid pipe, you'll love it even more! Also just curious, how many miles do you go between oil changes?
The exhaust valve has been gone for 120,000 miles馃憡馃憡馃憡

Registered
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Hi @MrGSXRAl @COOP1 @Jimmyboy @le skid @Nightbat庐 @8you4t

Been a little while, but thought I would update you and thank you for your wisdom.

I eventually went with the K4 1000 - really a dream for me from being obsessed with the SRAD in the late 90's and loving some of the modern evolution of the gixxer. Best of both worlds.

I finally got some solid pictures and the bike is on it's way to me, ended up paying about EUR 2,600 / USD 3,100 (what I could afford in the current climate) which I think is an absolute steal for a bike like this in that condition.

Now I wait and mentally prep to slowly learn and take on my first GSX-R / inline 馃槚

What a pleasure to be able to post here and share the excitement. Thanks again for the help!

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-16 at 12.11.13.jpeg

Registered
Congrats man, what a great deal you got!! Enjoy, and I promise you will love it! That thing looks mint!

Registered
03 Gsxr1000
Nice bike brother!
tail tidy will clean up the rear nicely. Although euro license plate looks really huge.

Registered
03 Gsxr1000
In the early years I changed it every 1,000 to 1,500 miles . I know way too soon. I鈥檝e used Motul 5100 for most of its life. Since around 80,000 I extended the intervals to around 2,500 to 3,000 miles. I鈥檝e always said oil is cheap and engines aren鈥檛 .

Registered
In the early years I changed it every 1,000 to 1,500 miles . I know way too soon. I鈥檝e used Motul 5100 for most of its life. Since around 80,000 I extended the intervals to around 2,500 to 3,000 miles. I鈥檝e always said oil is cheap and engines aren鈥檛 .
Right on, thanks.. Yeah I always say the same thing about oil. Ive been doing around 2,000 miles.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts