Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something better than jeans, but not the leather race type. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You can buy leather pants that are cut more like regular pants as opposed to a race cut (ie no knee sliders, not as fitted, not ergonomically formed). Don't know of any particular names off the top of my head, but if you check out JR, Alpinestars, or any other motorcycle apparel company I'm sure they will have what you are looking for.

Your other option is reinforced jeans. Icon makes a few pairs that are supposedly better than jeans.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about something textile like the Rocket Ballistic?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I don't have much experience with textile pants. I've heard they protect better than jeans, but there is the possibility that they will melt in a fall. I own a mesh jacket with leather shoulders and sleeves for really casual summer riding, but I haven't been down in it yet so I can't assess it's resistance to damage (and hopefully I never will).

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
There was a picture posted on here that showed the textile jacket melting during a crash. You may want to look into draggin jeans. They have kevlar in the knee and butt area with heavier than standard denim.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
check out the alpinestars twin pants.. i just got a pair and they are not bad. i have some ballistics (3.0) but they were very bulky and i didn't really like em. i also have some draggin jeans as well as the joe rocket reinforced jeans i wear often, but i'm sure they won't hold up nearly as well as the leather in a crash. the twin pants are not really armored but are fairly thick with some padding in the knees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts