Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give props to Shea Fouchek of Texas for making it to the big event...AMA. I barely know the guy and have talked to him in passing in the paddock at local trackdays but Shea has done great. I believe Shea is around 17 yrs old and did his first trackday about a year or year and a half ago. Funny, he set up next to me at his first trackday and didn't even know where to register and now look at him. If I remember right, I think he only had his 600rr for like a couple or weeks or a month (his first street bike). A year and some months later he is doing well in AMA...17th in Supersport and 14th in Formula Xtreme at Pikes Peak. He is currently riding on a Safety First Suzuki. Congrats Shea

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Man those safety first guys either need to drink less at the end of the day, or hire a new driver! I was behind them for a couple miles going up I-25 - not because I couldn't pass them, but because they were swerving all over the road so much I didn't want to get next to them. Thought that rig was goin overboard!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just wanted to give props to Shea Fouchek of Texas for making it to the big event...AMA. I barely know the guy and have talked to him in passing in the paddock at local trackdays but Shea has done great. I believe Shea is around 17 yrs old and did his first trackday about a year or year and a half ago. Funny, he set up next to me at his first trackday and didn't even know where to register and now look at him. If I remember right, I think he only had his 600rr for like a couple or weeks or a month (his first street bike). A year and some months later he is doing well in AMA...17th in Supersport and 14th in Formula Xtreme at Pikes Peak. He is currently riding on a Safety First Suzuki. Congrats Shea

True the kids got skill and talent.. I know one of the riders he replaced also a 17 year old. I wish him well. Shea was groomed by another former racer? I think I saw that in a SF press issue.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

True the kids got skill and talent.. I know one of the riders he replaced also a 17 year old. I wish him well. Shea was groomed by another former racer? I think I saw that in a SF press issue.
I'm not sure but I think Shea got a little advice/help from Ty Howard. I was at a trackday a couple of months ago when Shea passed me and all I can say is that I didn't think tires were meant to grip at that kind of lean angle and speed. I actually felt stupid being on the track at the same time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.