Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be taking some of the slack out of my chain today because it is too loose and causing some skipping when under low throttle and was wondering what and or how my Gixxer brothers adjust there chain. I know all the basics but am looking for some special tricks or hints that will make it as easy as possible for me to try out and make my chain adjustments easier and less of a hassle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't remember if the 97's have the block on the rear axle adjuster. I have seen them sold aftermarket. If you don't have this get it. My 99' has it stock so adjustments go easy. The block keeps the adjustment screw from slipping over time.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
No real tricks besides get a piece of pipe to add some leverage when loosing the axle. Just stick the pipe in the handle of the tool that goes over that big bolt.

Keep your owners manual handy, I am pretty sure it has step by step in it.

jontflesh

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Freeplay is 20-30mm.

And the chain will tighten when u tighten the axle nut. It's a symptom of the swingarm design on SRAD GSXR's and on TLS\R as well.

So check the slack after tightening the axle nut. What we do is leave an extra 5mm of slack to compensate for this.

KaTz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts