Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever added anything like Slick50 or Prolong to there bike, and if so, which one. I was just wondering. I run Amsoil, fully syn., but if there is something else I could do, I will. Thanks guys in advance!!

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
I remember reading something (maybe from Jeff) a couple years back about those oil additives being really really bad on wet clutches. IMO I would not use any of that stuff in the bikey.
I could be wrong but I have givin up on synth all together. IMO it runs to damn thin when it gets really hot compared to Dyno oils I have used in the past.

Oh yeah on my pads.
This is what I got..... I am not sure if they are racing pads per say..
http://www.motoextreme.net/product.asp?3=111

jontflesh

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
oil additives are a waste of money. no objective testing (a 4 in the morning infomercial does not count) has ever shown them to be of any real use....and some additives have even been known to cause engine damage in the long term.

a quality motor oil will have all the necessary additives. it will also have something in it that is necessary for the proper lubrication of the engine - oil.

oil companies don't recommend you use oil additives. car and bike manufactures don't recommend you use oil additives. the only people recommending you use oil additives are the people selling them.....that should tell you something.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have lost the links but if you run a search on slick 50 or PTFE i am sure you will find the relevant info u need...the gist of the story is DO NOT USE EM!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts