Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I noticed my brights weren't bright, switched to lows and the low beams were brighter than the highs as far as the switch went, even the light on the cluster for brights came on when the lights were dimmer. So I pulled the bulbs to make sure both work and sure enough, they do. So basically I think it is the projector part of the headlight that is just not working since the low beams and brights work themselves. Any input, or how to fix? Thanks ahead

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its a stock setup btw, just with silverstar bulbs, not HID or anything though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled of the front fairing today to do some stuff I've been meaning to do, pulled the bulb again, is the bottom, the projector that is, a dual stage bulb? I'm guessing it is b/c the bulb works but high beams don't.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The bottom bulb is an H7 single filament bulb which acts as your low beam. The top is an H4 dual filament bulb which acts as high beams, and while on lows projects a little light to make you more visible but does not put much light on the road. When you switch to high beams the low beam in the projector should stay on and the second filament in the H7 bulb up top should light and provide your high beam from up top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts