that would look great with that paint job. good luck with the project

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It should look pretty sweet when your done. I like the bracing on that swingarm

·
Registered
418 Posts
That one will be a heart breaker when you are done!! Doesn't air tech make rgv replica bodywork?? hmmmm....sweet!!!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Yeah, but the TL1000R upper is damn near a exact match to the Scwantz championship RGV500, I almost went with AirTech but I heaard soo many bad things about them, and if one looks closely at Kenny Roberts JR 2001 RGV 500 the TLR tail is a pretty close match that tail...
the saga continues..

-Karl

·
Registered
144 Posts
kj,
what pivot do you have on there? did you make a new bearing for the eccentric replacement? what shock do you have on there? i have had major clearance problems with mine. i am about ready to take the rear off again and grind out for the spacing for the stock shock that i have on there.
if you do lucky strike.....it will be sweet. not too many of the replica bikes around.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Wow Ill be watching this space... GOOD LUCK man dont settle for second best... follow your dream!!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Originally posted by KJ1:
I want this paint job:

-Karl
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I want the bike! Add a projector light and Taillight and ZOOM! I would not even mind having to push start it.
Bones

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I want this paint job:

forks:

more:

more:

-Karl

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I modified the 93\94 rear caliper hanger to accept the 2001 gsxr 1000 rear caliper. And of course I have the ubiquidous Fox Racing shock taking care of buisness..

-Karl

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
oldskool86
Back Marker

Member # 3793

01 gixxer 750, 86 gixxer 1100, 86 750 all red/blk

posted 07-01-2002 09:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kj,
what pivot do you have on there? did you make a new bearing for the eccentric replacement? what shock do you have on there? i have had major clearance problems with mine. i am about ready to take the rear off again and grind out for the spacing for the stock shock that i have on there. if you do lucky strike.....it will be sweet. not too many of the replica bikes around.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have a 92 1100 frame, its a little different from the first gen frames. The shock is Fox for a 92 750 fits just fine, swing arm pivot is stock 93 1100, the only thing I had to do was take the spacers out of the 93 1100 arm and set them inside the spacers of the 94 arm, pretty easy..but I lost a 94 arm inner spacer and I need one...doh..I did't have the eccentric bearing headache, I had regular linkage and dogbones, agian straight swap...
Simon I like the pepsi too, but...
-Karl

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
sweat man cant wait to see the finished product

·
Banned
982 Posts
How Much are You Guys willing to spend for Me To paint Your Bikes better then both of Those!!!?????

Especially That Pepsi Bike!!!!!
The Pepsi Thing is Old already!
I had friends in 1984 that painted that scheme!!!

Lets do This Fellas..I'm feeling "Generous"!

I'll do both for around $1500!!
Thats A Group Deal!!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Ahhh Joey we spoke on the phine befroe, you know the bike is going to you for the paint...
but I have to wait for more money you rember what its like to be apoor ass college student planning a wedding...
-Karl

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
Not bad planning Karl...I like this paint myself...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">we had a local guy back in the early 90s with an 88 7/11(rare back then) with that paint job.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I like the pepsi too, hmmm I wonder if Joey could do something with coca-cola hahahaha
-Karl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts