Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pet is getting closer to regaining its status as an internal cumbustion engine.

I picked up the head this morning after a valve job and resurfacing ($280). At least they really cleaned it.

Then I got home and my wife had picked up the Dyna 2000 ($290) I ordered and put it where I wouln't miss it...next to Mr Coffee...She even ordered the coils and wires I need.

I'm going to try installing the '94 1100 swingarm tonight after work. Keep your fingers crossed.

oh, did anyone need 3 intake boots?(from left to right...#'s 1,2,& 3) #4 is damaged but you could have it for free. Buy 3 get a useless one free.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Simon,

I have a set of 36mm carbs off of a Bandit I am going to try in the spring. What size carb are those boots for? I'll probably take them if I can use them.

John

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
"Nervous Slapper" sounds like a girl I dated once...Oh the mamorys...

Sounds like its coming along though.How much work did you have done to the head? I had my 88 750 head built by Yosh back when they still did real work (91) stage two port job, stage two cams, Ti valves...when I put the head on my 92 1100 motor it made an extra 45hp (including the Flatslides) on a otherwise stock motor 152rwp.
Bones

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]</p>

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Simon I think you might get yours finished before me. I still need a gasket set, a set of rings,and some bearings. But the big work is still ahead, I might get some crankwork done and I do need to get a valve job and some other head work.

When you had your bike running did you have any problems with oil leaking around the clutch basket? I have talked to a couple of people who have all had this problem on the RG.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by suzukiltd:

When you had your bike running did you have any problems with oil leaking around the clutch basket? I have talked to a couple of people who have all had this problem on the RG.
<hr></blockquote>

Yeah... it kind of has a thin film of oil coating the area of the clutch...it doesn't seem to come from a specific place but I have to wipe the area around the oil level windows more...it sort of reminds me of the old WWII movies when the fighter pilot gets his engine hit and it sprays oil all over his windscreen, then his goggles.

As for the level of exotic sillyness (silliness?) going on with the valves...I'd say low silly factor. I've ordered the Titanium valve retainers from APE, APE cam chain tensioner, and I have a pair Yoshimura adjustable cam gears.

I'll be running the stock cams.

Simon,
I have a set of 36mm carbs off of a Bandit I am going to try in the spring. What size carb are those boots for? I'll probably take them if I can use them.

John

They're for the '92 750...38mm but I can vernier the intakes and let you know if those 36's will have too much room or not.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
... AND considering the fact that Simon Orttan's last post was back in Feb-09-2003... I think you might be hard pressed to locate the lad today. :lmao

jb_xx

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
He should. :shifty
Dont count on it;this fucker ripped off quite a few old school members&was pretty much chased outta here...:cursing

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts