Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Andy... new to the forum. Just picked up a 2007 gsxr 600 for dirt cheap. I’m starting the process of going through the whole thing to fix and address any issues. She has 31,000 miles, PO left it outside for the last 7 months... did an oil change and fresh fuel, new battery and she fired right up. Just want some input from you guys that have been in this for a while... I had a chance to ride a 2008 r6 when I was younger but quit riding and just getting back into it. I know by now everyone has probably figured out the best ways to go about making this bike amazing. -1 +2 vortex gears and 520 kit, wheels are off to Powdercoat matte white, and I have spent about 8 hrs so far cleaning dirt and grim off brakes and anywhere else it was dirty, also ordered a set of stainless galfer lines. So with those few words... let me know what you would suggest I start with or any advice as to what to start checking. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
My K6 750 stood outside for 12.5 years and apart from a period of moisture in the ECU (the cause was the cover I used was not breathing enough, allowing vapor in the tiniest nooks and crannies),
it always fired up

Keep an eye on that header, it looks pretty oxidized, might have a chance that the small balance pipe in the center cracks

·
Registered
772 Posts
I also noticed gunk on the top of your left fork, can't say if it's just simply birdcrap, but covered by the clutchhandle clamp and the wireloom, it's not in a location where things can easily drop on,
check if there's still oil in the forks

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I did some scrubbing and cleaning. What do you think of these forks? I used some scratch brute but they seem pretty deep.
Nice ride, congrats! I love the fact that you are powder coating the wheels; great move! If you weren’t going to let me suggest getting a coat of clear over the color coat. I’ve done the two bikes I own currently and this was a suggestion by the first place that did them. He showed me side by side one with clear one without and it was a no brainer. Makes them easier to clean as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Scotch brite is not good on the fork lowers. 1000 grit wet sandpaper to clean up any little rust. The little raised metal bumps will damage the fork seals. Also the dust boots look pretty shot. I would expect the forks will start leaking pretty soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advise guys! My wheels are done, should be picking them up in the next few days along with having new wheel bearings I stalled. Shooting for new tires next week also. Will post pics once installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts