Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I don't offend any purists with my latest creation but here it is. A '93 1100 frame with '95 750 swing arm. '93 1100 front forks, heavier but stronger, black anodized by Race Tech also Ti nitrited and works internals. Held in place by Kosman triples with number 2 insert that are 5/8ths of an inch wider than stock. Front wheel is from '96 750 made by Technomagneso and rear wheel is from Ducati 900 Monster. She sports Ferodo oversized rotors that will be grippedby RC-51 Nissin brakes activated by 04 750 radial master cylinder. She'll stop on a dime, and give change back. Motor is '93 1100 with 1180 piston kit in full race trim. She has 39 mm FCR carburetors and thanks to Bobby Chet she will now have ram air. In race trim she made 178 HP at back tire! Probably will have to detune and take some cam out of her for street duty. She has a '99 R1 tail section grafted on to her because after a couple of Coors Lights it sounded like a good idea. I made a custom flat bottom and rear sump tank from a '90 750. Would like a Yoshomura alluminum tank in the future if I can find one. She has a ZX7 radiator and reverse cooling to prevent detination and to help valve seats live longer. ZX7 radiator is not only bigger but moves water fill from under fuel tank, not one of Suzuki's better ideas. She's got a 750 oil pan and oil cooler and exhausted by stainless Yosh duplex. Anyone have a titanium duplex for sale? I have a complete set of sharkskinz '96 - '98 front body work with ram air adapters but after seeing Bobby's '02 conversion I may have changed my mind. I'm thinking of the Lucky Strike paint theme with the number 34 'cuz Kevin was the man. Am also considering the red, white, black theme from '88 or '89 750. If anyone has pics, please post, I would appreciate it. I know you're thinking why would somebody go to so much trouble but we've just retired from racing after 13 years (or at least taking a season off). I wanted something to remind me of all the great people and memories as well as the bikes we've raced during that time. I've tried to incorporate something from every bike we've raced even if just a bolt. I will keep you all posted on her progress as I am still currently considering putting an RF900 downdraft cylinder head but would have to notch frame for carb clearance or build a 907. Thanks again for a great place to talk to people about the hobby I love.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Again with Ti nitride shaft & all Race Tech internals.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1100 motor installed in mock up right now with rf900 head.... but can't stay due to frame clearance issues. ZX-7 radiator was installed with fabricated brackets when we raced her. I can install rad if you'd like a pic let me know.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Nice progress! Keep the build pics coming!

·
Has been Texan longer than the cheerleader
26,430 Posts
Yeah and don't forget the Yoshimura rearsets too.....
I love the front end and black frame / swingarm, those Technomagnesio's are pretty rare nowadays...

Oh and if you keep your eyes on Ebay theres an aluminum tank that pops up there every now and then. The seller is slowly coming down off his outrageous price.....

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
forgot about those?! I am going to re-ano subframe,swinger,& frame so their PRETTY. LOL. surprised no banged on R1 sub as of yet! Looks neat no? I still have Yoshimura 5-spoke wheels that I took off her. I think they fit 86-98 1100 & 86-95 750 if any interested let me know. with right spacers & bearings you know.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
those are actually 750 rear sets & mount only with 2 bolt's. less weight......LOL!

·
26,430 Posts
forgot about those?! I am going to re-ano subframe,swinger,& frame so their PRETTY. LOL. surprised no banged on R1 sub as of yet! Looks neat no? I still have Yoshimura 5-spoke wheels that I took off her. I think they fit 86-98 1100 & 86-95 750 if any interested let me know. with right spacers & bearings you know.
Yeah I retrofitted some Marvic wheels from the first gen GSXR's to my bike..... Got pics of the wheels? I may be interested......

·
26,430 Posts
now theres something I can't say that I've ever seen before........ Oh and they have my all time favorite tires mounted on them too.....

you should hang onto them.... but if you must part with them what will you be asking?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$750.00 + shipping & you too can own a piece of history. I have moved onto the Technomagnesio models.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
I was gonna bang on the Yami tail but hey,it's going to be a Franken bike anyways

I got lucky and picked up a aluminum tank for $250.00 from a guy on this site,and the Pingel with reserve works great on it.What are you gonna run for an exhaust?
Bobbychet

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you come across another aluminum tank let me know! She has a full stainless 750 Duplex, but I want to upgrade to full Ti Duplex. Got any leads?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
all i can say is WOW , cant wait to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
That radiator idea sounds good I hate the fill too. How bout that reverse flow concept, I'd like to see how that works. I imagine you just switch the hoses coming from the pump right?

EDGE_

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The cool water from radiator is sucked in by waterpump. I t then goes out to cylinder's where it enters to cool cylinder block & is then pushed up into cylinder head. It is then regulated for flow by thermostat where it then returns to upper radiator hose. Reverse cooling moves water to cylinder head first to remove heat from hottest part of the engine....the cylinder head. This reduces occurance of detination,pinging, so more compression can be ran while using same octane number fuel. This also makes valve seats run cooler prolonging valve life & adjustment interval. Water then travel's down cylinders & out to thermostat where it returns back to upper radiator hose. Hardest part is completely ridding system of air so I inserted an air bleeder into upper metal tube that feeds tohe cylinder head. Air bleeder is simply a brake caliper repair kit available at a reputable auto parts store. Then finding coolant hose to make it all work. I had a couple of ZX-7 & ZX-9 radiators & coolant hoses so it was very easy to due. I used thermostat housing from ZX-7 as well.

This idea came to me while reading a stock car racing mag with the article written by Mr. Chevy hosepower himself.....Smokey Unich. In his article he built 2 different small block Chevy motors with same internals & compared them to each other. He was able to produce a gain in HP with the reverse cooled motor! He was able to give it more ignition lead,advance in timing, which resulted in more torque as well. He was able to remove fuel from system by leaning it out & gained more economy,this in itself leads to more power. A little lean leads to more horsepower. I figured if it works for him it should work for anyone right?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts