Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
say my name bish
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this ismy review of the new Moto-D tire warmers.

used these over the weekend at my sat/sun trackday. ive used other warmers in the past: Woodcraft digital tire bakers (500.00), STG brand tire single temp warmers (280.00), tyre sox (used 80.00). tyre sox SUCK!!! th STG ones lasted 2 yrs before the entire front burnt to shit. and i sold my awesome woodcraft digi bakers :)( ) to my buddy after 4 yrs of use. now on to the moto-D ones.

made in china. nice carrying/storage case. the warmers look to be well made. material is nice, inner liner is nice.power cords are nice. dual temp is very nice. iitally set on low (I), 15 mins before your session switch it to high (II), then go. the ONLY issue ive found so far is this. the LED indicator light on the warmer/power cord. there is only ONE light color indicator (orange).orange means its warming/baking/on. when the light goes of, it means the tires are up to temp. i thouht my warmers were shorting out, or were shorted out from there not being a "holding" indicator light (green) like every other warmer ive seen and used. i called Moto-D guy (sorry i forgot your name) and told hm about my problem. he said they didnt addd the green led indicator light at that time, an are working on correcting the issue.

for me, this is kinda of an issue. i dont want to constantly lift up on the warmer and feel the tire to make sure its powered ON and getting up to temp. i was doing this all weekend. im running race tires and NEED to have my tires up to temp when going out. 1, saving on heat cycles, 2 so i dont have to do "parade laps" to get my tires up to temp.

i give them an 8.0 out of 10. had they had the "up to temp" indicatror light, i would give them a 10. i hve 5 more double weekend trackdays, so we'll see how they hold up then and give another review.

also, as promised. heres some advertising for you.

Attachments

·
Yeah buddy!!
640 Posts
Good write-up!! I have been thinking about pulling the trigger and purchasing their warmers!!

·
say my name bish
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do it. i would buy again. but that green light woud be a HUGE plus. i think the new batches are coming out with them. i dont remember exactly what he said over the phone.

·
say my name bish
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

8 dbl weekend trackdays (16 trackdays total) on these Moto-D tire warmers.

so far so good. im still happy with these warmers. no burns (always hung on a hanger from the canopy when off the bike). when i hear the 10 min call for my group, i turn them on II (high) just to get a little extra heat in them before going out.

thanks again. hope they keep lasting and lasting. im tired of spending money on warmers when i could be buying track time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
do it. i would buy again. but that green light woud be a HUGE plus. i think the new batches are coming out with them. i dont remember exactly what he said over the phone.
The reason why MOTO-D Tire Warmers don't have a green LED is because it provides a "FALSE" sense of security.

Tire Warmers 101: most tire warmers are controlled by a temperature regulating thermostat placed in between the heating element. When the thermostat senses the programmed temperature (typically 75'C) it shuts off and displays a Green LED.

> That does not mean your tires are up to temp!

> That does not mean your rim is warm!

> All it means is the tire warmer turned OFF!

So when other units that have a "FAKE" Green LED illuminate, this means the copper wire inside has reached temp (and this is on top of the tire in between) the heating wire.

We have seen way to many riders rush out onto pit lane and crash Turn 1 on cold tires becuase they relied on the "FAKE" Green LED.

For this reason, MOTO-D Tire Warmers do not have a "FAKE" Green LED, just a Red LED to let you know the tire warmers are powered on, heating, and working.

For more info on our handcrafted tire warmers visit www.motodracing.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts