Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody assist me with my situation? I have a 2001 GSXR-1000 with only 3,300
miles, in awesome condition. However, my engine died when I went to started it up. My bike is out of Warranty, but this is not or should be consider a Warranty issue. The engine just died by common use, starting the motorcycle. There is no way I could have cause this damage. I took it to the dealer (Miami, Fla.) and they told me they can't approve the repairs. They told me it was American Suzuki will be the only one to authorize/honor the repair. I called American Suzuki, and they told me they don't make the decision to honor the repairs, it's the dealer. It's been several months that I haven't been able to ride my motorcycle while still paying for it. Even the dealer told me they had their shares on similar problems with GSXR engines. I had a certified Suzuki mechanic looked at my motorcycle, where he was amazed at the damage, but the lack of assistance from American Suzuki, and the local dealer.
If anybody could assist me, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
his email is [email protected]

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Can this guy be more vague and squidly???

I mean come on....he has a 2001 1K with 3300 miles on it? He has major engine problems? He probably did'nt put oil in it and now wants a refund....Oh man it's people like this that...well you know

·
Registered
190 Posts
He needs to have the dealer contact whom ever the warranty is through,
which usualy isn't the manufacture. More info on the mechanics opinion
would be good.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ahhh.. just threaten lawsuit. That's what everyone does these days anyways. ... hmmm.. probably get a case seen by a judge in ten... maybe 11 months.. hehe Actually though... if this guy bought the bike through the same dealer he's trying to work through... then I'd consider legal council with all paperwork done by the dealership.

·
Registered
61 Posts
3300 miles? It could be track miles only...thats is why the motor died...the rest of his description could be fluff...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bike out of gas?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Diabolic said:

Bike out of gas?
I vote that he left the parking light on and the battery is dead... LMAO

John

·