Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4-gear fast guy
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the scoop.

I ordered and paid for a Yoshimura TRS Tri-Oval titanium / carbon fiber full system (standard mount) when I bought my '05 Gixxer 1k. After 3 weeks, I picked up the exhaust to find that I was given a stainless steel / cf system. I returned it today and now I'm getting all kinds of different stories from the dealership.

First, I was told that both Parts Unlimited and Tucker Rocky (distributors) claim that the configuration I ordered has been discontinued and that the TRS with a carrbon fiber end can is only available with SS headers.

I called Yosh myself and was told it is in stock and not discontinued. I've been going back and forth with the dealership all day and their position has changed several times (including that the TRS is a custom order-only system with dual end caps, taking 3 weeks to make and costing $1,900!!!!...perhaps confusion with the TRC system???.

The way it stands right now (all parties are closed for the day), the dealership claims that the system I ordered is only available in a high-exit version and the price is yet to be determined.

What is the deal? I've been given two different part numbers for the same system. Is the TRS Tri-Oval available in titanium / carbon fiber in standard mount? And, is performance altered by going with high-exit?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

·
4-gear fast guy
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the plot thickens...

Just got off the phone with Yoshimura after receiving a call from my dealership.

First, my dealer called to say the TRS Tri-Oval full system with titanium headers / carbon fiber end can is ordered and should arrive tomorrow. Total cost: $1,600+.

I thought the price sounded awfully high, so I called Yosh. I spoke with the same guy I spoke with yesterday. Well, today he told me this system DOESN'T exist and that it would have to be custom made and I would be the only one in the world with one. Yesterday, he told me it not only existed, but they had them in stock.

I mentioned morepowerracing.com's price of $1,322.95 for that exact system that Yoshimura now claims doesn't exist. I mentioned the part number listed on morepowerracing.com's site and the Yosh guy told me that part number doesn't exist either. Problem is, IT'S THE SAME FREAKIN' NUMBER HE HIMSELF GAVE ME YESTERDAY!!!

The Yosh guy mentioned the TRC system - which might be what the dealership ordered, but the Yosh guy claims it's back-ordered everywhere for about 4 weeks. So, it can't possibly be shipped-out today to the dealership.

I have no clue what's going on. I understand that often with a brand new bike comes some confusion over parts, but this is nuts.

I can't wait to see what the dealership comes up with tomorrow.

I'm feeling like I should cancel the whole thing and put my stock system back on again. Problem is, I included the system when I financed the bike.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Well, the plot thickens...

Just got off the phone with Yoshimura after receiving a call from my dealership.

First, my dealer called to say the TRS Tri-Oval full system with titanium headers / carbon fiber end can is ordered and should arrive tomorrow. Total cost: $1,600+.

I thought the price sounded awfully high, so I called Yosh. I spoke with the same guy I spoke with yesterday. Well, today he told me this system DOESN'T exist and that it would have to be custom made and I would be the only one in the world with one. Yesterday, he told me it not only existed, but they had them in stock.

I mentioned morepowerracing.com's price of $1,322.95 for that exact system that Yoshimura now claims doesn't exist. I mentioned the part number listed on morepowerracing.com's site and the Yosh guy told me that part number doesn't exist either. Problem is, IT'S THE SAME FREAKIN' NUMBER HE HIMSELF GAVE ME YESTERDAY!!!

The Yosh guy mentioned the TRC system - which might be what the dealership ordered, but the Yosh guy claims it's back-ordered everywhere for about 4 weeks. So, it can't possibly be shipped-out today to the dealership.

I have no clue what's going on. I understand that often with a brand new bike comes some confusion over parts, but this is nuts.

I can't wait to see what the dealership comes up with tomorrow.

I'm feeling like I should cancel the whole thing and put my stock system back on again. Problem is, I included the system when I financed the bike.
Why don't you call morepowerracing and ask them directly. They are advertising that they have it, just call them and find out straight from them.

·
4-gear fast guy
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn Zippy your alive, i thought you were dead and 6 feet under Mkinla's pool.
Yes, I'm alive and well, thank you very much.

I just got the call from the dealership. They have my TRS and it ships out tomorrow morning. They charged me an additional $800 over the $800 I already paid!!!

I need this exhaust pronto, so I'm gonna wait 'til I receive it and see if it's even the right one before I do anything.

My dealership guy said he was having the same issues with the Yosh people that I had and that nobody seemed to know what they were talking about over there as he was getting different info from each person he dealt with.

What a pain in the ass this has been.

·
4-gear fast guy
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the exhaust from the dealership today. Suprise, suprise...they sent me the wrong freakin' exhaust AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

I've had it. I'm getting my money back and doing it myself. Shoulda done it that way all along.

Of course they're closed today, so I have no way to vent my anger properly.

Bunch of freakin' retards.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i bought a trs slip on from a dealership thats always been good with me, they even gave me a little bit of a discount. 380 after tax. it looks really damn good too although its stainless. im not a fan of carbon fiber though. does anyone make a header that bolts up to the trs?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
i bought a trs slip on from a dealership thats always been good with me, they even gave me a little bit of a discount. 380 after tax. it looks really damn good too although its stainless. im not a fan of carbon fiber though. does anyone make a header that bolts up to the trs?
Hate to break it to you buddy, but your dealer gave you anything but a discount, he robbed your ass.
http://www.morepoweracing.com/product.as...&PT_ID=1243

1 - 11 of 11 Posts