Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all´s

I have a problem

I turn on my bike and work fine the first 15 min, after the engine stop, sound as if carb is too rich.

I check the level float and was correct.
Change the spark plugs and put CR10EK

Somebody can help me?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
15 minutes is a long time ! Do you ride it for 15 minutes and then it stops? If so I would be surprised to hear that it runs for so long.
After it stops does it fire staight back up?

I would check the following,
Is the fuel filter full of crap?
When it stops are the spark plugs wet, if yes then you've probably got an electrical failure.
Is the breather from your fuel tank blocked so are you causing a vacuum in the fuel tank after a while?

Regards,
Andy

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Have you checked to make shure your choke is off? If you have a cable choke make shure it is realasing. Somthing else most people forget is to lube the carbs cross shaft, somtimes the choke enrichener (plastic cam) can bind causing it to think the choke is still on making the carbs run rich. Just my 2 cents as 15min is normal warm up time.
Bones

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe i wrong with time, perhaps is five or seven mins

My carb is Fastslide no have cable choke.

I check the spark plugs and are wet.
What need to check?:
- Black box (CDI).
- Sensor coil.
- Wires.

Bone

In high RPM the bike work fine and accelerate is good, but in low RPM there are some explosion and begin to turn off.

Thanks for your help

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Okay that helps with Flatslides and wet plugs you probably have a sticking float. That is why if starts to flood whin idleing or at low speeds. at high rpm you are using the extra fuel. At lower rpms the floats fill and then overflow flooding the motor. Has is been sitting for a while? If so I would try leaving the petcock on with the bike off and see if fuel begins to leak out of the overflow vents. If so your floats are sticking and need cleaning/adjustment. If not you may have another trouble.
Bones

1 - 5 of 5 Posts