Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give advice on a problem? I have purchased some gilles tooling chain adjusters for my GSXR 1000 K6. they have been installed correctly and function beatifully howerever from the time of fitment I have encountered a problem. following each ride the chain has dramatically fallen out of adjustment and slackened off so much it has rubbed on the lower fairing panel. When attempting to slacken the axle nut to readjust it has increased the torque as the turning force to release it is so great it requires a large breaker bar to release the tension. Once the tension is released the chain adjustment problem rectifies itself to pre ride and no adjustment is required. all bearings (swing arm and wheel) are in good order with no play or movement indicating there is movement in the adjuster on the chain side, either compression of the adjuster body or streching of the adjuster bolt. Has anyone out there experienced the same problem with this make of adjuster or am I mssing a trick. :banghead

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts