Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i'm new to this forum and i could use some help?

I have a k7 600 that is on a trikle charger. When i took her out the other day for a hour ride and at the gas station she died...completely. Brought it home charged up and runs fine until she dies again.

Any help would be awesome

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a way to test it or can i look at it and see if it's bad. I'm new to this sorry if these questions seem dumb

·
Registered
27 Posts
take the stator cover off, just look it over.. idk if they just go bad the only one i had go bad on my r6 burnt up, 2 lobes were charcoaled lol

its easy to check

·
Registered
27 Posts
how old is your battery ? if you have been needing to put it on a trickle charger alot it could just be time for a new one.. ive saved a few batteries with my optimate4 charger but i usually only get about a year out of it

1,931 Posts
You can either check by opening the bike up a bit, and using a multimeter to check the wire clip for the stator. Your service manual will let you know how to do this. Also, it will let you know how to check your rectifier to see if its burnt up.

I would check for the rectifier first. You dont have to remove the air box for this, and should only take a couple minutes. If its good, its more than likely a bad stator. If i had to do this again, I would do what kirk_myers mentioned, and skip straight to the actual stator. It will be easier and faster, but a bit more messy. When stators are bad, you can see it where it burnt out most of the time. This can save you lots of time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts