Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals, i need your help. Today, thought that i would start her and get her open for this season. Changed the plugs. went CR8E(guy told me would help with the fouling). Got fresh gas, and trickeled the battery till done. went to start, and nothing, waited for about 30 sec, and tried again, started for 5 sec and then died. real weak when running though. tried somemore, but to no success. after about 10 min of triing, thought that i would check the heat from the header, and 3 and 4 were warm, but 1 and 2 were cold. whats up with this?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is it possible you switched the plug wires when changing the plugs? Or is your coil firing? Did you check for spark on that coil?

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Our bikes are beast when it comes to getting them started in weather that's below 50 degrees.I put a shop light by the cylinder head for an hour before even attempting to start my beast.change back to CR9E's try 89 octane fuel, full choke and no throttle good luck.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks for the info guys, and Bobby, i put a lamp on it this afternoon, went to pic the kiddo up and came home. tried it, and it started. idles like crap, and any throttle she would die. i did take the carbs off this winter and cleaned them. do i need to sync them? i dont think that any of the gas lines are kinked, but i am going to check that tomorrow. and whats involved in syncing the carbs? thanks yo!

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Chris check out Factory Pro web page Scroll down and
Look under MC Tech on the left of their website.
Balancing the carbs isn't too bad it's in the service manual and you need the balancer and a Aux fuel tank. I made one out of some pipe fittings and a gallon jug.
Bobbychet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts