Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want opinions on this. Lets place our best players on the field in a meaningless game a week before the most important game. :hammer I hope they have ALOT of back ups because nobody is going to show up to risk injury.
Whats your opinion

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Yea that shit is dumb... If one of my players is in the super bowl he wouldn't be playing.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I know what they're trying to accomplish. Fail.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
They're trying to increase the ratings but the way they're going about it is bullshit. All along the ProBowl has been for one thing... the fans (and making money of course). So, if it's for the fans and you have it before the Super Bowl that means that quite possibly the best players for the best teams will not be playing. How fair is that to the fans of those teams or people like me who want to see ALL of the best players present even if they're only playing 75% and for 25% of the actual game? It needs to be after the Superbowl and it needs to be RIGHT after the Super Bowl. In years past it was about a month afterward which was stupid because people don't care anymore. Most people are done with the NFL and onto other things. Not to mention they stick it on a cable channel, poorly advertise it and then pick an odd day/time to show it. It's just poorly run all around.

What they need to do is think of a way to make it mean something. This will have the players/coaches trying harder which will have the fans more interested if it means something. Why not make it worth home field advantage the following season for the Super Bowl? Sounds crazy but why not? I realize this could mean that the Super Bowl could be played in an open roof stadium in a blizzard condition but fuck it.. it's football not baseball. I realize this isn't an ideal solution and I'm not sure I would even support it in reality but something has to be done along those lines. Until they come up with something all they can do is adjust the date/time/location and so far this year was a failure o& will go down as a complete write-off looking back.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
I always liked watching the "post-Super Bowl" Pro-Bowl in Hawaii. Didn't they have all kinds of televised things like a QB competition, etc? Maybe I am thinking of something else from the past. :dunno

1 - 10 of 10 Posts