Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you do it?

ive been debating on buying another track bike and putting my current gsxr back to street duty. but how do you figure out the value of a track bike?

example.....

1998 gsxr 750.

Nice SRAD currently set up for track use only but can be converted back to street with a few lights. All harnesses are intact. CLEAR title in hand. Current mileage is about 6500 miles but since there's only a tach on the bike, it's an estimate. There was 3000 miles on the bike when converted to track and it's been used for about 30-35 track days. Here's the cool stuff: race fairings have a nice custom paint job and have not been down; forks have been re-sprung by Race-Tech; new Fox Twin-Clicker shock and Eibach spring for 200lb rider (with gear) as well as original spring (170lbs); Akrapovic exhaust; engine work done by Hypercycle, custom map on Powercommander II, bike dyno'd at 128 RWHP this summer on race gas. That's as much HP as an '06 GSXR750!!! Also included are an extra set of fairings in good condition. Bike is completely safety wired and ready to go with Pirelli Supercorsa slicks with a couple track days still in them. Why take the chance of wrecking your new bike at the track and spending thousands on OEM plastic? This bike kicks ass on all 600's and most 750's. Also included is 10 gallons of race gas. ($10 per gal. at your local shop) Price dropped, must sell ASAP, already bought new bike. Make an offer!!!

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Personally I'd try to go for something of a bit later model. There should be plenty of 03-05 bikes up for sale that are all race prepped and ready to go. Things like aftermarket shocks and forks set up for your weight are big things right from the get go that can get very expensive if you have to do them yourself. Great things to already have included for certain.

I personally don't care much for heaps of engine work.

Lots of spares with the deal are always a huge bonus, it's something I over looked initially but it's nice to have spare things that typically break in a crash. Extra set of rims are nice but not absolutely necessary.

Happy hunting, I'm sure where you are there are plenty of track bikes to pick from. lots of guys are always looking for the latest/greatest so a few year old bike should be easy to find.:cheers

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
exactly, if you plan on racing get something newer, and if you plan on doing trackdays get something with a stock motor so you dont end up having to do more than change the oil..im not positive but id imagine it takes quiet a bit of work to get that kind of power out of an 98, if you want to go for it make sure hes got dyno slips.. cheers and good luck finding one

·
Registered
58 Posts
At least up here ( BC ), track bikes are pretty cheap. Lots of them are not streetable anymore but you can get a good condition '02 600 fully race prepped with space parts/plastics/etc for $4k CDN. Depends what you want to do, I guess. Personally, the 02-03 gixxers dont' fit me very well so I'm looking towards a k4 which are typically more expensive

·
Registered
68 Posts
+1 on getting a more modern bike. Atleast FI. I find 01-03 gixxer 600's for about 3-4k. I've seen an 05 r6 for 5k that was a race bike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
^wonder what the condition of the bike is in, such as the transmission and clutch. I had a friend who used an F4 as a race bike and he used the brakes so much that he warped his rotors... that has to be some serious heat build up to do that.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
wera.com
-wera bbs (on top right of screen)
-scroll down to bikes for sale.

Search for a week or two to see what the going rates can be. You can get a fully prepped 2002 gsxr 600 with tons of race spares for under $4k. There's a ready 2 race 2000 EX500 for $2000 right now which i'm seriously considering for smaller circuits.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wingsonwheels said:
This one just popped up on craigslist:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/mcy/229434645.html

Well used also, but the price is right...
nice find! but i bet that thing has been through hell and back but for the price its worth it to check it out..

ive been searching the wear boards too, only thing is, id rather pick up the bike personally

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
You want an AMA Superstock/Superbike? I'll hook you up!

$12,000 Superstock

$13,800 Superbike

your choice of Suspension....Basicly we can configure them any way you want.

Here is what they are:

2006 Team Millennium/KWS Suzuki AMA Superstock and Superbikes

Bike: Suzuki GSX-R1000
Frame: OEM
Swingarm: OEM
Subframe:
- Superbike: GP Tech
- Superstock: OEM
Bodywork: Catalyst Racing Compsites
Triple Clamps: OEM
Swingarm Pivots: Millennium Technologies
Engine:
- Superbike: KWS Pro Superbike build,Wiseco Pistons, Carrillo Rods, Web Cams, APE Cam Sprockets, KWS Tensioner, KWS Pro Head.
- Superstock: KWS Pro Superstock Build, APE Cam Sprockets, KWS Tensioner
Lubricants: BG Lubricants
Fuel: VP MR9
Exhaust: LeoVince Titanium Corsa
Case Covers: Vortex
Clutch:
- Superbike: Falicon Billett Clutch Basket
Electronics: Dynojet
Air filter: K&N
Suspension: Ohlins (Tuned by Thermosman Suspension)
Tires: Pirelli Superbike Slicks
Wheels:
- Superbike: Marvic Piuma 16.5”
Wheel Bearings:
- Superbike: Worldwide Ceramic Bearings
Brakes Calipers: OEM
Brake Lines: Goodridge -2
Brake Pads: Vesrah SRJL-17
Brake Fluid: Castrol SRF
Clip-Ons: Vortex
Rear-Sets: Vortex
Upper Cowling Brace: Vortex
Grips: Renthal
Frame Sliders: Vortex w/ KWS Pucks
Steering Damper: Pitbull
Spools: Pitbull
Chain: EK RXO 520
Sprockets: Vortex

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.