Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Erazmus, the newbie back again. I am going to be getting a SV650 in the next month or so and I don't want to go in blind. I've been looking at sites and the like, and Suzuki's website often. It appears that the SV650 MSRPs for 5,899. Of course this is before taxes, registration, and such. The SV650S MSRPs for 6,299. The only difference I can see between the two by their specs are the SV650S has the Pulsed-Air Injection System (PAIR) to reduce emissions and has "Sleek half fairing features dual 60/55W headlights with running lights visibility LED.”

Now, that's four hundred dollars difference between the 650S and the 650 for those two features. Is that worth it? Or is there more to it than the specs are telling me?

Anyway, my real question is what price am I looking for on the new or used, out the door? I know the used one is almost impossible to answer for various reasons. But I’ve heard that used 650s aren't too common anyway. And considering the low prices on bikes, I'll probably just get a new one anyway. But I really want to know what price I'm looking for out the door. I don't want to get ripped. I know people are nuts for paying MSRP for cars, is this the same for bikes? If anyone can help here that would be great. If you own a 650 and could give me a ballpark figure of what you paid, that would be excellent.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a thought....

I just signed the papers on a 2002 SVS for $5000 + tax. Every dealer I called had at least 1 leftover 2002.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Shop around, there is a place in Ohio selling them for around 5500 OTD (minus tax, title, and lisc)

Stefan

·
Registered
11 Posts
talked with a guy at my dealer and he said he would be willing to do 6400 out the door on an SVS.... but i also mentioned i needed a helmet, gloves, and a jacket before i left.... so that might have played a factor in the low price.

used go for around 5k... really dont drop in price.

Torinalth

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just bought a used 2001 sv 650,great bike!
Shop around you should be able to find one for about $5500, thats what the dealer down the street is selling them for,
bret

·
Registered
314 Posts
SV650S $5,699,SV650 $5,499 + your tax depending on your tax rate.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,130 Posts
Originally posted by Erazmus:
Hello, Erazmus, the newbie back again. I am going to be getting a SV650 in the next month or so and I don't want to go in blind. I've been looking at sites and the like, and Suzuki's website often. It appears that the SV650 MSRPs for 5,899. Of course this is before taxes, registration, and such. The SV650S MSRPs for 6,299. The only difference I can see between the two by their specs are the SV650S has the Pulsed-Air Injection System (PAIR) to reduce emissions and has "Sleek half fairing features dual 60/55W headlights with running lights visibility LED.”

Now, that's four hundred dollars difference between the 650S and the 650 for those two features. Is that worth it? Or is there more to it than the specs are telling me?

Anyway, my real question is what price am I looking for on the new or used, out the door? I know the used one is almost impossible to answer for various reasons. But I’ve heard that used 650s aren't too common anyway. And considering the low prices on bikes, I'll probably just get a new one anyway. But I really want to know what price I'm looking for out the door. I don't want to get ripped. I know people are nuts for paying MSRP for cars, is this the same for bikes? If anyone can help here that would be great. If you own a 650 and could give me a ballpark figure of what you paid, that would be excellent.

Thanks in advance!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Probably not more differences. The "old" SVS had the fairing, higher footpegs and different gearing compared to the SV. I would pay those 400$ for the fairing alone any day, having ridden both faired and unfaired bikes. In fact I payed what equals 770$ extra for my SVS here in Denmark (damn taxes
A new SVS costs about 15000$ here
)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts