Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Power Wheelies on 600\'s

This question came up when reading the board about clutching up wheelies. I understand with a 750 or bigger it is relatively easy to do power wheelies in 2nd gear. Is it possible to do a 2nd gear power wheelie on a 01 600 gixxer? I have made several attempts while standing and throwing my weight on the handlebars to compress the forks. This gets the front tire up about 3 inches.

Can anyone get them up all the way?

·
Farm OG
2,801 Posts
Re: Power Wheelies on 600\'s

all it usually takes for me is a hot little brunette, and i go all the way up...

·
Registered
42 Posts

It is possible to do a powerwheelie in 2nd with the 600, but it all depends on your own weight...
For me personally it's relatively easy
because I'm a superlightweight (60 kg)

Only thing I have to do is chop the throttle wide open and up she goes

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts

It takes alot of technique...I did drop a tooth up front also.. Try doing standups in 2nd it comes up easier.. stand up, run the bike to 8k or so give a good stomp on the pegs and whack the throttle. Sitdowns, scoot all the way back in the seat run up to 8k pretty hard almost full throttle to get a good bounce when you shut the gas.. right when you feel the front start to dip pull up and whack the gas hard..and practice makes perfect..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I will give it a shot. I am only 165 pounds so I don't think weight is an issue. I actually thought I might be too light and that I can't compress the suspension enough...

I am debating dropping a tooth also. Think it is better to drop one in the front and not two in the rear?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts

I've been having problems with wheelies. So I installed a pneumaticly (sp) operated arm with wheels on the front of the bike, kinda like a wheelie bar on drag cars. Now i don't have to even be on the throttle. just hit the button and the front end comes up to wherever I want. i can ride like that for miles. When i want to come down i hit the other button to release the pressure and down I come.

NOT!!!!!!!!!NOT!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts

This probably isnt exactly what youre talking about, but I pull power wheelies over the crests of hills in second gear on my '01 600. Just roll on the throttle as youre coming over the top. There seems to be a couple nice humps in the torque curve at 8500 and about 10,000 rpm (at least on my bike), which help.

FYI, i weigh about 175.

·
Registered
0 Posts

I'm not sure about the '01, but I have a '99 gixxer-600 and have to get the rpms around 7000-8000 and sit back on the seat with my feet on the passenger pegs, then gun it to pull it off the ground in 1st. A 2nd gear wheelie I have never tried. I am dropping a tooth on the front sprocket and it should help with the lack of low-end that plagues the 600's.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts

Hey GIXXERIFIC, That's exactly how they got that old car to stand up in Fast and the Furious. Too bad it wasn't the real deal cause it was the best car in the whole movie!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts