Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
andersonjeremy said:
Is the Gixxer 600 Capable of doing a power Wheelie? I cannot make my front end come up on the bike in first gear?

Yep...:D I don't know how much experience you have riding but I would probaly not suggest trying power wheelies just yet, if you have to ask a question like that.

·
Registered
339 Posts
you need to make the front end compress a little first

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
the question is:

what is a power wheelie.

basically just sitting on the bike rolling and you just pin the throttle with stock gearing, na it won't usually.

If you do the on/off/on with the throttle about 9k rpm's without a doubt. if you slip the clutch Of Coarse.

if you just drop the clutch sitting at a stop.... well that's actually something you only do if you want to do a back flip, or if you actually know what your doing. One slight off set of your weight and you'll be aiming the wrong direction.

·
Registered
514 Posts
andersonjeremy said:
and it's not a question about my riding ability.
no offense, but yes it is. I know how to take corners, i won't compare myself to the doctor though because of this.

In other words, you may have the basic skills down, but technique and experience are what make power wheelies on this bike easy...you can't just hop on there and do them because the bike is powerful and you know how to twist your wrist.

·
Registered
50 Posts
omg my 250 spada could wheelie. snap the throttle about 5thou rpm and it will come up. easy. none of this red line shit. do u want to die. caus eit seems u have a grreat bike and u dont know how to wheelie. is a waste of a bike. learn on a 250 before u get on a bike like that

·
Registered
339 Posts
though his typing skills are suspect, i second what imp just said

·
Registered
326 Posts
hammockjockey said:
though his typing skills are suspect, i second what imp just said
lmao:lol

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Everytime I drag race, the front comes up about 6" at 11 grand or so...without me even trying to wheelie. The first time I tried the on/off/on at 8 grand, I almost looped it. Didn't scare me tho, I had to shit anyway. So, yeah, it'll wheelie.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
PerfectPoo said:
no offense, but yes it is. I know how to take corners, i won't compare myself to the doctor though because of this.

In other words, you may have the basic skills down, but technique and experience are what make power wheelies on this bike easy...you can't just hop on there and do them because the bike is powerful and you know how to twist your wrist.

+2000

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.