Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a considerable loss of power on my 04 600, very noticeable only in high RPM's. I remember doing a roll on in 1st gear and it pulled harder towards the top of the RPMs, in some occasions the front will lift about 5-6 inches, then i would shift to 2nd right before redline after it landed. I have a yosh rs-3 bolt on, and the only other difference is old oil. I have searched the forum, but could not find any similar posts. Any help / knowledge would be appreciated.

PS the bike has about 8,600 miles.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
never heard of that happening. the posts i have seen ended up being a mental thing. For precaution you can spend some cash and have the thing dynoed, mapped, valves checked, spark plugs all firing decently, good gas, etc... Its probably mental, but you know your bike best.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
How's the air filter?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never changed the air filter since I've had it, and I ride through contstruction zones everyday. Thanks for the idea, I will check that out. It makes perfect sense since the air filter can provide air at low rpms, but at high engine speed, it may perform poorly.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Spark plugs should be checked every 4000 miles... says in the owners manual...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After cleaning the airfilter, inspecting and removing carbon from all spark plugs, and changing the oil.... she woke up! lol
This is not in my head, now when i roll on the gas in 1st gear the front comes up a bit, unlike a few days ago trial after trial. My air filter was filthy, I will intsall a new BMC soon as well as new spark plugs.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
kewl, do realize though, that more air going in isn't always better
meaning if your driving though muck alll the time, your stock filter evidently did a good job stopping what it did.
as far as plugs, i think people like iridiums but to each his own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts