Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Got a European E-19 GSX-R1000 K9-L1 and recently found out that it might be UF - with a limited power (CY2111 in the VIN). Does anyone know if it's true and how to check it (some VIN-checker with full spec decoding)? By the way, drive mode is not shown on the instrument panel (confirming that it's true).
Another issue is how to turn it normal. Just hope it's the matter of ECU software.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,708 Posts
Service manual page 0A-5:

Code: GSX-R1000UF K9 (E-19)
Country or Area: E.U.
Effective Frame No.: JS1CY211100100001 –

Of those that are listed, only the E-19 UF variant has CY2111 in the frame number. So you seem to have one.

I couldn't find the exact number, in part because the regulation has been revoked, but it's somewhere around 78 KW = 106 CV = 104.6 HP. Don't know much about them but it wouldn't surprise me if it remains in mode C all the time. Apparently it has it's own ECM (32920-47H30). You could confirm that by looking at the label on the top of the ECM. You might be able to reflash it to get rid of the restriction. But the safest approach is to replace the ECM (I think with 32920-47H00).

P.S. Note that on an immobilizer equipped bike like yours, the ECM needs a matching key. There are solutions to this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the feedback! Indeed, the ECM p/n is 32920-47H30. Still, I will keep investigating. The first owner left some strange switch to negative of one of ECM contacts which, as per the scheme 1A-6, is supposed to be blank. Besides, the bike runs not like the one with 104HP. Have suspision that it's been reflashed already.

·
Premium Member
3,498 Posts
Thank you for the feedback! Indeed, the ECM p/n is 32920-47H30. Still, I will keep investigating. The first owner left some strange switch to negative of one of ECM contacts which, as per the scheme 1A-6, is supposed to be blank. Besides, the bike runs not like the one with 104HP. Have suspision that it's been reflashed already.
I believe the PO have added a map switch (MS0/MS1) to pin 66. The restricted maps (MS0) are activated when the pin 66 is grounded and full power maps (MS1) when it's not grounded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the PO have added a map switch (MS0/MS1) to pin 66. The restricted maps (MS0) are activated when the pin 66 is grounded and full power maps (MS1) when it's not grounded.
You are right: indeed, the ground to pin 66 is optionally disconnected with the hand-put switch. Do you know if this full power mapping is preset as A-mode? Or, if it's not available, maybe the PO made the full power mapping by himself?

·
Premium Member
3,498 Posts
You are right: indeed, the ground to pin 66 is optionally disconnected with the hand-put switch. Do you know if this full power mapping is preset as A-mode? Or, if it's not available, maybe the PO made the full power mapping by himself?
A-mode is the default mode every time you start the bike. All the A,B and modes have both MS0 and MS1 maps. As long as you keep the pin 66 not grounded you should have full power maps and A, B and C modes work normally.

You don't have to do any changes to MS1 maps, cutting the ground connection is the only thing you need to do.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,708 Posts
With regard to the drive mode display, the K8 owner's manual indicates that the bike is in mode A on startup and is not displayed. To display the mode, you must press the mode select switch for two seconds. Then press again to change modes.

There's a fair chance that K9 is the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts