Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had this problem until yesterday when I took off all of my front fairings and removed the front harness(headlights,blinkers,running light).It seems when im driving the bike just cruising everything is fine...but once I floor it..pop pop....ignition fuse blows.What could cause this?I am driving a 92 GSXR 600W.Thanks -Mike

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Did you reinstall everything that you removed??,I'm guessing a wire is pinched or routed incorrectly,do a visual of your harness....good luck

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
reassemble everything and watch out fort any connections

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok found out where the short is...whenever my radiator fan is plugged into the harness,my ignition fuse blows...i guess it makes sense that every i would get on it...it would short out.does this fan cut on @ high RPM besides engine temp.?Well anyway...I need a new fan motor,where can I go about finding one of these?Does the muzzy fan mod come with the motor or just the blades?Right now im just gonna look up the part in a micro-fich and goto the dealer and order it...i dont think it should cost too much,right?If anyones got one for sale id gladly buy it off you.Thanks -mike

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im looking at the micro-fich and cant find a part number for the motor...would this be considered a part of # 11(FAN ASSY,RADIATOR 17800-17E00).Ronayers says it costs around $250,thats ridiculous...is that the price im going to hear if i goto the dealer?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
IMO, you will hear something colse to that price. but they are going to make some $$ off of the sale.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
I have a motor . Muzzy only comes with the blade (Model HT-H3) and is a required upgrade IMAO.
the OEM plastic blades get rounded and you lose the cooling off properties. I'll have to check out the fan and terminate some wires (solder) for ya.
PM me and I"ll let ya know

Bobbychet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts