Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed that I've been getting what I think is my bike losing fuel supply momentarily when I torq the throttle in 3rd at 90mph, that's even with a full tank of gas.

Now, once my bike hits half a tank is becomes unridable. It cuts the power on and off, and doesn't let me continue a smooth ride, it feels like the rpms start to go up then I what feels like lose of fuel happens and I lose power.

I have the full titanium akro exhaust, woolich flash tune (had it flashed with a yoshi slip on and oem exhaust, just haven gotten around to sending the ecu off again, the tuner said it should not matter much, it's been running beautifully for 6 months now without it.)

I'm thinking it's a fuel pump thing honestly, but really I could use as much advise and help as I could. I'm praying it's something easy because I gotta put new fork seals on soon LOL. Gotta love 20k miles in a year.

Thanka,
B

· Registered
'21 RSV4 Factory; '21 Ducati StreetFighter V4s; '20 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
88 Posts
What is your TC set at?

To me, anything over 6 is way to intrusive and a good whack of the throttle induces it. Which feels like a power cut

· Registered
34 Posts
I would check the filter/strainer on the fuel pump first. Had the same issue. The Suzuki shop thinks that’s what was the cause but they also cleaned out the tank and cleaned the injectors. They said the filter was black it was so dirty.

· Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
15,014 Posts
So if you let it sit with half or less for a few hours, is the problem still there? If you fill the tank, does it immediately fix the issue?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if you let it sit with half or less for a few hours, is the problem still there? If you fill the tank, does it immediately fix the issue?
Immediately fixes the problem, except when I torq the throttle at a high rpm to move a little quicker. (I'm thinking the liquid is being moved making it do the same thing it does at half a tank. )

15,014 Posts
Nope. Fuel pickup is still submerged, so no. You should do the fuel pump inspection test (timed volume delivery) as your first diagnostic step.

15,014 Posts
Just a couple jumpers, some fuel hose, and a glass measuring cup. Should cost you less than $20. Yes, it's in the service manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.