1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Gsxr 600

I have a yoshimura slip on.

Bike runs a little lean.

Is it worth putting on a power commander?

If anybody has a bike with a slip on and a power commander, please tell me how your bike performs now. Thanks

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
I'm glad that you asked this question. There is absolutely no info about that anywhere on this site, nope.

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
I have a 2006 Gsxr 600

I have a yoshimura slip on.

Bike runs a little lean.

Is it worth putting on a power commander?

If anybody has a bike with a slip on and a power commander, please tell me how your bike performs now. Thanks
Make sure you 1. Introduce yourself in the correct section 2. read the rules of the road and actually do a site search before you ask the same question that has been asked millions of times 3. post your question in the correct section this isn't a tip or trick. 4. Sounds like your not into spending money on your bike because there is not reason to throw a slip on and an PCV on your bike the slip on literally changes the noise of your bike. Full exhaust require a PC or some sort of mapping equipment and a full Dyno to even take advantage of the exhaust or PC.... WHy not just throw your slip on on the bike add rainbow underglow and pink tassels and call it a day. Thats what I do....
with these mods I can get my bike to 267MPH if I'm in full tuck I also weigh only 220lbs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do you think it runs lean? What are the symptoms?
My bike has been on the dyno, and the air to fuel ratio is 14:1. Not crazy lean, but I was wondering if the power commander would maybe help the air to fuel ratio.

And really there aren’t any symptoms, my bike runs pretty decent.

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
My bike has been on the dyno, and the air to fuel ratio is 14:1. Not crazy lean, but I was wondering if the power commander would maybe help the air to fuel ratio.

And really there aren’t any symptoms, my bike runs pretty decent.
Short answer PCV and the correct mapping can help your F/A ratio. But if you wanted to save money I really don't think its needed here unless maybe your trying to squeeze out a couple extra MPG/KPL.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was wondering if the power commander would maybe help the air to fuel ratio.
I installed a Bazzaz fuel controller and auto-tuner (and K&N filter, Yoshi Alpha can, and disabled SET valve). The software allows me to set the target ratio (for me 13:1). Then I set it to record input and take it for a ride. (You can turn the bike on and off without changing whether it's recording or not.) Next, I stop recording and implement its suggested changes. Repeat until it's dialed in. I'll have different maps for street or track. I can change my set up--add stuff, take stuff off, whatever--and just make a new map! :banana

I took it out recently just to make sure it was collecting data and providing suggestions. It was fine. I was trying to take it easy, but without realizing it I was bouncing off the rev limiter at 14K rpm in 1st gear! Most bikes are already lean from the factory. Add a pipe and a filter and you've just leaned it out a lot more, and now you have deceleration popping. That's why I like the auto-tuner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts