Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I'm NOT changing the exhaust, do I need to remove the set valve??????????????????

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a stock map for the dynojet power commander on their site.

But seriously, why whould u do that without an exhaust change.

you really wont see a diff putting that power commander on unless u do the air filter and exhaust at the same time.

I have a black 05 1000 and i have a power commander sitting on my desk.

Waiting to put it in till my new yoshi exhaust and air filter come in...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Getting the PCIII and leaving the bike stock is just fine.....The stock map on the k5 is pretty rouch....install the PCIII and load either the Stock Bike or Stock Bike 'Revised' and you WILL notice a difference.

You don't need a slip on nor a full exhuast to benefit from a PCIII USB

Trust me....You will love the bike after the PCIII install. Go for it

·
Registered
96 Posts
Getting the PCIII and leaving the bike stock is just fine.....The stock map on the k5 is pretty rouch....install the PCIII and load either the Stock Bike or Stock Bike 'Revised' and you WILL notice a difference.

You don't need a slip on nor a full exhuast to benefit from a PCIII USB

Trust me....You will love the bike after the PCIII install. Go for it

Mine lost 1.5 HP after just installing PC but this was befor the "revised" map became available. Even so, the stock ECU does a very good job with throttle response unlike the the earlier FI GSXR's. Honestly I see no point in just getting the PC and nothing else. Also the downloadable maps are nice and all but do not even come close to having a custom map made by your dyno guy. There is a reason Dyno Jet makes free dyno tuning available at the AMA events.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.