Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Power Pommander II (thanks sid-6.1) and I'm trying to hook up my laptop to the serial port. I got a usb to serial cable and the software wont hook up to the PCII. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
I had the "Port" selection to auto and went through all 8 and didnt connect.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had the same issues a week ago.
I found a USB to USB lying around the house and thought what the hell...I'll try anything at this point.
Hooked it up and presto...it worked.

BTW....nice bike. :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had the same problem with my pciiir. I had to uninstall the serial to USB adapter, after doing that I went ahead and reinstalled it using the accompaning CD. Make sure that you reboot your computer after you reinstall it.

Is your bike running when you are doing this? GSXRs have to be running or get the power adapter from Dynojet.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gotta love the red GSXRs

USB drivers are fine. Had the bike in neutral and in the run position but not running.

error read "controller not currently available" and it couldn't find the PCII

·
Registered
542 Posts
oryan20xx said:
gotta love the red GSXRs

USB drivers are fine. Had the bike in neutral and in the run position but not running.

error read "controller not currently available" and it couldn't find the PCII
Yep...I kept getting the same response..."Power commander not found".
Also make sure you have the bike running.
Go ahead and get a USB to USB cable from Radio Shack or Best Buy and try it.

BTW...I'd appreciate it if you would email me a pic of the undertail installed on your bike.
If so I will PM you my email addy.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.