Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this S9-4times - worked perfect. For those in the UK go to Maplin and ask for the 9v battery clip and part no. L70AZ for the connector.
Dynojet quoted me £20 for this part that I made for about £3.50.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, call me a simpleton, but I to am in need of making a make shift power adapter and I understand the concept but for the life of me I cannot figure out how you got the 9 position connector to hook up to the 10 pin header on the power commander. Could anyone shed a little light on this for me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one from the Netherlands. Specially created an account to share this with you.

Also I was the lucky one to update firmware with the engine running. Afterwards created a 9V solution, as written in the first post in this topic. Unfortunately my re-upload of the firmware failed, as the 9V battery was not-so-fresh after all.

Went to the EMEA distributor and they resetted the device and fixed it.
Over there I saw a different approach; they did not use a 9V battery, but hooked a self-made adapter onto the Powercommander 10-pin plug, 12V.

The story behind the 9V battery is; the Powercommander actually needs 12V but 9V will do for a short time, if the power is 8.9V it fails.

To prevent this, you can make an adapter yourself;

- Find any 12V DC adapter (from your old router, phone, whatever electronic device)
- In my case I found an old Linksys adapter, 12V, 500mA. Since a regular 9V battery is ~1000mA, this should also work
- Cut off the round adapter plug
- Measure the polarity with a volt-meter or multi-meter to make sure which wire is positive (+) and which is negative (-).
- If your display says 12.whatever volt, then you have it correct
- If your display says -12.whatever volt, then you should switch polarity
- Use the standard Powercommander 10-pin powerplug and solder your wires to the according wires of the adapter.
- Wrap it up nicely to prevent shorts

- Off you go

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
19 Participants
DEAF1EAR
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing