Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,043 Posts
Check your power commander install. If your throttle tap is in the secondary TPS instead of the primary TPS, you'll get an FI code. It also appears you're stuck in fast idle which is also and indication of the wrong sensor. Do a video of how you have your PC connected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your power commander install. If your throttle tap is in the secondary TPS instead of the primary TPS, you'll get an FI code. It also appears you're stuck in fast idle which is also and indication of the wrong sensor. Do a video of how you have your PC connected.
I’ll post a video in a little bit thank you!

·
14,043 Posts
So the TPS connection is to the correct sensor. What happened to the factory connector for the TPS sensor? It should also be plugged into the power commander.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
I watched the video and read your description. It sounded like there were issues before you put the power commander on. Also check your throttle free play with the handlebars straight and turned left and right. Check that the throttle tube snaps back on its own like it should. Pretty sure its too tight since the engine rpm goes down when you turn the throttle closed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the TPS connection is to the correct sensor. What happened to the factory connector for the TPS sensor? It should also be plugged into the power commander.
wow just didn’t realize I the plug I thought was the o2 sensor was just the secondaryTPS sensor so it seems to be a lot better now, still bogging at low rpms so I’m going to try to customize my map. But thanks for your help!

·
14,043 Posts
Powercommander doesn't touch the secondary TPS. Each connection has a male and female. The powercommander connections go between the factory connector and injector. The TPS connection is no different.

So, does this mean your code and fast idle condition are gone?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Powercommander doesn't touch the secondary TPS. Each connection has a male and female. The powercommander connections go between the factory connector and injector. The TPS connection is no different.

So, does this mean your code and fast idle condition are gone?
Code and high idle are gone! Throttle response still seems a little slow though so I’m going to see about adjusting my map

1 - 10 of 10 Posts