Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I tried the Waste of Time..err, I mean "search" feature....

Are there any substantial gains to be had from a PCIII on a mostly stock 04' 1K (I have a Micron high mount slip-on). Any low end gains? High end? Mid-range improvement?

Are the downloadable maps worth a damn, or do I really need to have it custom mapped to get anything from it?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Feels more smooth, to me, in the low and midranges. Comes easier at a lower RPM too. I Haven't dyno'ed it so that is seat of the pants. But for street riding seat of the pants is more important to me.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I gained 10.5 HP on my 01 1k when I added a PC IIIR and had a custom map done, my buddy did the same thing to his bike when I took mine off of the Dyno on the same make and model bike and gained 11.0 HP plus 4 - 6 ft. lbs more torque...

I gained 8 HP on my 04 by adding a full system, PC III USB and had it mapped...so yes, it IS worth it...100% Best HP for the money that you can get....

You HAVE to have a custom map made for it though to get the MAX HP out of your bike. Your bike will also run alot better and get better gas milage after mapping it....

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
For every person you have saying he made 10 HP, you'll have equal amount saying he lost Hp Blah Blah - truth is in this respect it's how good the tuner is. All fuel injected bikes have to pass stringent emmission tests and noise tests. For these reasons - your bike is NOT running optimum fuelling, a Power Commander will fix this.
You may see a few more top end HP - but the biggest difference is in the throttle response - this is a huge difference, and worth every $$$.
I have an 02, filter and pipe made 144, custom map and PC 3 later was making 153 - but the throttle response was awesome.
I have little doubt at all that a well set up, Piped / PC'd Gix 1000 of any year - would out accelerate a stock 05 model.......anything.
In My Op - If you cannot aford to get the custom map done - then do not waste your money on getting a PC until you can get the lot done together......
Si.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the knowledge guys, I appreciate it. Looks like i'll start asking around to see if there are any Tuners in the local DC/MD/VA area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.