Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

981 - 1000 of 1035 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Please post pics without the watermark...

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Looking good Jake...

What kinda lap times do you turn at T-Bolt?

·
Call me Jake
269 Posts
Thanks Anthony. :cheers

As for lap times, it kind of depends... Best ever was a 31 but I was chasing a friend who can do 28s, at the CCS weekend mostly 33s and 34s.

Yesterday I was working on getting my head pointed correctly without my line changing. I tend to tense up when I turn my head, I'm getting better with it but still need to work on it. So I was probably doing 38s or 40s

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Nice... The key is consistency really. And work the corners backwards. Work on corner exit first, then mid-corner speed, and finally entry speed and trail braking. The hardest jump IMO is a 1:30 to a 1:29. That took me quite some time, lol...

·
Call me Jake
269 Posts
Nice... The key is consistency really. And work the corners backwards. Work on corner exit first, then mid-corner speed, and finally entry speed and trail braking. The hardest jump IMO is a 1:30 to a 1:29. That took me quite some time, lol...
I can do pretty consistent laps back to back. For instance, I was just looking at my lap times from Unlimited Supersport where I placed 7th
Lap 1: 1.38
Lap 2: 1:35
Lap 3: 1:35
Lap 4: 1:33
Lap 5: 1:33
Lap 6: 1:33

My biggest obstacle, in my opinion, was signing up late and being gridded at the back of a 20 man field. The first three laps were spent working through slower traffic but by then I couldn't even see anyone in front of me so I just cruised for the next three laps rather than go 100% and potentially crash while racing myself. My main objective was to finish all my races and not do anything stupid since it was my first race weekend.

I'll try to apply the "work the corners backwards" technique to it next time I'm out on the track. The "why" part makes perfect sense but the "how" could pose a challenge for me... :lol The chicane along with turns 7/8/9 could get a little complicated.

If you make it to the next CCS round at NJMP, stop by and say hi. Always good to put a face with a name. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys, new here. First track day this Saturday, second time I've ever ridden a bike (first was a 250 Honda dual sport around town). Had a BLAST at NYST (New York Safety Track) and will be consistently returning to it for some laps in both the car and the bike. I love it so far, despite being a total newbie! Pic is from the transition from turn 3 to turn 4 in case any of you know it

Just wanted to say hi and to ask if anyone (besides the helpful few that posted on my introduction thread- thanks again guys!) has advice for a newbie to bikes.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi all. Here I am on a R1 that I rented to compete in my first race day. Guy behind me tried to pass me to take 2nd position and knocked us both off the track on the last lap...

In 2nd race managed to maintain 2nd to the flag. All in all a great first experience!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here is one of me, on an '08 GSXR 750 at Little Tally......

And one of my wife on her 600RR at Little Tally....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here are couple more, this time from NCM in Bowling Green, KY on Memorial Day weekend. One is a good pic of the left side of the bike and the other is a good pic of the right side of the bike......

981 - 1000 of 1035 Posts
About this Discussion
1K Replies
215 Participants
markh8509
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing