Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 1035 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,232 Posts
That was before I bought my current LOVE. You know where my heart is now Mike :biggrin
I dunno how anyone would know where your heart is after reading the looooong list of bikes under your avatar.:lmao

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
No need to be sorry, I'm one of the lucky ones. I had a near death experience, and with the pain and loss of use of the arm I'm reminded everyday how lucky I am to be here to enjoy another day. It's a great experience. I'm not saying I prefer it this way, but you make the best out of what life deals you eh.

Awesome. I thought about hooking the arm onto the bars but was worried about what would happen in the event of a crash (arm being ripped off, stretched around my back, my neck and shoulder etc are all very tender areas). I've had two crashes since that accident, one was a 100mph highside at the track and one on the road. Both times me arm have been fine. Ok other than breaking it and my left shoulder in one of them. But I never noticed that lol.

Do you have any ids or photo's of his setup etc?

Yeah Christchurch is a great place to live. Unfortunately the landscape has changed a little recently, we had a 7.1 earthquake 6wks ago, a lot of the old heritage buildings got severely damaged and have to come down. 1500+ aftershocks haven't helped either, ranging from 3 through to over 5. Wish it all would stop. Already had a couple this morning.

There are three guys over hear all with right arm injuries. They all have brake clutch and throttel on left side. They use a thumb throttle though to make it easier.

Difference in you and the guy he is speaking of (George) is Georges has use of bicep and elbow. He is paralyzed elbow down, and parts of his chest I think. So his wont get trapped under him as easy as you.

The other two, one is about 4in below the elbow amputee, and the other is shoulder amputee. All three are pretty damn fast actually

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Jennings

These next two are on DOT race tires in the wet :D :scared :wacko

Roebling

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
There are three guys over hear all with right arm injuries. They all have brake clutch and throttel on left side. They use a thumb throttle though to make it easier.

Difference in you and the guy he is speaking of (George) is Georges has use of bicep and elbow. He is paralyzed elbow down, and parts of his chest I think. So his wont get trapped under him as easy as you.

The other two, one is about 4in below the elbow amputee, and the other is shoulder amputee. All three are pretty damn fast actually
That's really good to hear about. Over here there is only one other rider I know of with a similar injury, not quite as bad as mine (brachial plexus avulsion - c5,6,7,8 and T1), and he races a Motard. Man I'd love the opportunity to ride with those guys.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
That is just the ones that ride in teh southeastern united states too :cool

There is also a guy who is paraplegic from the waist down. He has landing gear that are pneumatic on his ZX10. I think he is an intermediate class trackday rider.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
That's really good to hear about. Over here there is only one other rider I know of with a similar injury, not quite as bad as mine (brachial plexus avulsion - c5,6,7,8 and T1), and he races a Motard. Man I'd love the opportunity to ride with those guys.
There is a guy on here that had a red black 06 1000 with landing gear on it. All of you guys are a serious inspiration.:thumbup I have two working arms and I can't do a wheelie.:lol

41 - 60 of 1035 Posts
About this Discussion
1K Replies
215 Participants
markh8509
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing