Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Post your Trackday/ Racing pictures

136K views 1K replies 214 participants last post by  markh8509 
#1 ·
Please when you post your pictures do not post it with Water marks on them. Pictures with water Marks Not allowed. Lets play fair those who are taking the pictures for us they are standing all day in the middle of the track just show little respect.

Thank you.

Here are mines

See less See more
#5 ·
hey turk, why you posting pics of you on MY bike???

:lmao

i'll play...

at buttonwillow on turk's bike:

at jenningsgp on my zx-6r:

at loudon on my 1000:

#23 ·
Yeah. I've still got a clutch but those are power ups. The top 3 pics are from a car race event where the organisers asked me to come out to provide some lunch time entertainment. I wasn't going to do it, but they paid me with a year long pass to the track.

#32 ·
No need to be sorry, I'm one of the lucky ones. I had a near death experience, and with the pain and loss of use of the arm I'm reminded everyday how lucky I am to be here to enjoy another day. It's a great experience. I'm not saying I prefer it this way, but you make the best out of what life deals you eh.

I have a fellow instructor that can't use one of his arms. He wears a special casting that allows him to hook his hand on the bar. All of his controls are on one side and he can ride the hell out of a bike
Awesome. I thought about hooking the arm onto the bars but was worried about what would happen in the event of a crash (arm being ripped off, stretched around my back, my neck and shoulder etc are all very tender areas). I've had two crashes since that accident, one was a 100mph highside at the track and one on the road. Both times me arm have been fine. Ok other than breaking it and my left shoulder in one of them. But I never noticed that lol.

Do you have any ids or photo's of his setup etc?

I have been there so many times when I used to live in auckland :punk

Beautiful place mate :)

Turk
Yeah Christchurch is a great place to live. Unfortunately the landscape has changed a little recently, we had a 7.1 earthquake 6wks ago, a lot of the old heritage buildings got severely damaged and have to come down. 1500+ aftershocks haven't helped either, ranging from 3 through to over 5. Wish it all would stop. Already had a couple this morning.

#29 ·
I have a fellow instructor that can't use one of his arms. He wears a special casting that allows him to hook his hand on the bar. All of his controls are on one side and he can ride the hell out of a bike

#35 ·
Thanks. Yeah I had thought about that when I first got back on bikes, but one of main concerns is what happens to the arm after I come off, due to the paralysis the arm doesn't flex as much as normal, nor does the shoulder. I'm concerned that if I do come off and the arm is free it may do further damage so I figure it's best to just trap the arm in the leathers.

#37 ·
Here are some froma race a couple years ago, chasing, catching and passing a couple 06 1000's on my 05 R1. :shifty

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.