Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 236 Posts

·
Taught Goatsee everything he "knows"
12,629 Posts
:eek:fftopic

I dont know what it is about the k6/k7 bikes. They look really nice in race trim, but they look butt ugly in street plastics. Just an opinion though.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I fared a LOT better than the bike! Just got a new swinger and tank on it, rear wheel and subframe on the way. Then all the other crap from the tank forward....this is gonna take some time.

·
Registered
716 Posts
During the holeshot at Nelson going into T-1, I bumped the guy on my right. Turns out I bent my brake lever a little. Coming through T-2 and trying to make up serious ground, I tapped my brakes and they stayed on 100%. Instant catapult and tons of mayhem.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
During the holeshot at Nelson going into T-1, I bumped the guy on my right. Turns out I bent my brake lever a little. Coming through T-2 and trying to make up serious ground, I tapped my brakes and they stayed on 100%. Instant catapult and tons of mayhem.
Nelson Ledges?

·
Track Pimp......who hates njracer and his love for
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

Gixxer got owned ya manggg :sad

Turk

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
It’s a smaller track out in Ohio famous for banked turns, high speed kinks, tons of sealer patch and tires on the walls. Only a couple race series race here for these reasons.
http://www.nelsonledges.com/
I'm very familiar with it, my uncle used to run a A/S Camaro out there. I haven't been there in about 10 years so I was wondering what the track was like on a bike being that it's so bumpy. I'm going to do a track day there next year. There was talk several years ago about Budweiser buying it but the clean-up would have been way to much because those tires are considered hazardous waste by the EPA.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm very familiar with it, my uncle used to run a A/S Camaro out there. I haven't been there in about 10 years so I was wondering what the track was like on a bike being that it's so bumpy. I'm going to do a track day there next year. There was talk several years ago about Budweiser buying it but the clean-up would have been way to much because those tires are considered hazardous waste by the EPA.
Would you let me talk you out of going to the track? Please
Its bumpy as hell, the tires are closer than you think, you still enter the pits by driving across the track, and many people have lost their lives at this place due to poor track surfacing. But that’s just my .02c

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Would you let me talk you out of going to the track? Please
Its bumpy as hell, the tires are closer than you think, you still enter the pits by driving across the track, and many people have lost their lives at this place due to poor track surfacing. But that’s just my .02c
That's why I was asking :cheers

Guess I'll hit the Beav or Mid-Ohio then :thumbup

·
Registered
716 Posts
That's why I was asking :cheers

Guess I'll hit the Beav or Mid-Ohio then :thumbup
I would go with Mid-Ohio. Especially this week with the AMA race coming up, you might get to ride with some fast rookies. Much better elevation changes and layout. Beaver is getting bumpy coming down the hill. Have not seen a lowside yet from it, but it pushes the bike wide.

41 - 60 of 236 Posts
About this Discussion
235 Replies
70 Participants
MadViking
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing