Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I seen that in CMP too :shifty An somebody I know offered firefighters to take that bambi dear in a long sleep too :lmao:lmao:lmao
Forgot that one :monkeyface

Nit sure who you are talking about :monkeyface

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
rough day at Texas World Speedway]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That was from a month ago wasnt it? I went that one day, did alright but that track is a piece of shit, not going back. They need to close it, but the org. just sees money I guess.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That was from a month ago wasnt it? I went that one day, did alright but that track is a piece of shit, not going back. They need to close it, but the org. just sees money I guess.
It was May 13. Yeah it's pretty shitty...riding hill country roads is way smoother. I just need clip ons, frame sliders, new visor, and to get my exhaust back from M4. The track is supposed to close end of this year but they've been saying that since 2014

·
Registered
67 Posts
Went off line, caught some bumps, ended up going into the wet grass at 85+.

Banged up left elbow and knee, sore ribs/neck but otherwise fine!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
It was May 13. Yeah it's pretty shitty...riding hill country roads is way smoother. I just need clip ons, frame sliders, new visor, and to get my exhaust back from M4. The track is supposed to close end of this year but they've been saying that since 2014

Where did you go down at TWS? What happened?

·
Registered
212 Posts
turn 7...i had talked to someone who said they come in at around 125 and take it at 105 and i had been doing it at 85 all day no problem...well after watching many cmra videos i know that dudes taking it at 105 are dragging knee and im definitely not there yet. so i came in at about 120ish and panic braked cause i decided that trying to stop was smarter than trying to turn and it turned out ugly and the front tucked and i slid off the track and the frame slider hit the hard dirt and flipped the bike. so basically i came in hot and in the moment i could either look through the turn and hope for the best or brake and hopefully stop...but i was going way to fast to brake and not go off track and that was it. it all happened super fast, and hind sight is 20/20, if i looked through the turn i may have low sided at an even fast speed or who knows maybe i dragged knee and elbow like marquez and crushed it lol but at the time the right decision mentally was to brake and then i went flying over the handlebars once the bike hit the dirt. its a lesson learned to ease myself into things...first track day and i was riding faster than a majority of the other level 1 folks and wanted to see how i could do if i sped it up and i paid the price.

·
Banned
38 Posts
At least you had the balls to try.

turn 7...i had talked to someone who said they come in at around 125 and take it at 105 and i had been doing it at 85 all day no problem...well after watching many cmra videos i know that dudes taking it at 105 are dragging knee and im definitely not there yet. so i came in at about 120ish and panic braked cause i decided that trying to stop was smarter than trying to turn and it turned out ugly and the front tucked and i slid off the track and the frame slider hit the hard dirt and flipped the bike. so basically i came in hot and in the moment i could either look through the turn and hope for the best or brake and hopefully stop...but i was going way to fast to brake and not go off track and that was it. it all happened super fast, and hind sight is 20/20, if i looked through the turn i may have low sided at an even fast speed or who knows maybe i dragged knee and elbow like marquez and crushed it lol but at the time the right decision mentally was to brake and then i went flying over the handlebars once the bike hit the dirt. its a lesson learned to ease myself into things...first track day and i was riding faster than a majority of the other level 1 folks and wanted to see how i could do if i sped it up and i paid the price.

·
Registered
212 Posts
At least you had the balls to try.
Yeah, i learned the hard way for sure. Looking back, id much rather keep the additional 2-3 seconds a lap than finding a new top speed on the back straight and corner speed, but ya never know without trying. Should have definitely focused more on lines and smoothness rather than what i did, but i paid to have fun and that was what i wanted to do so i did it. Im now out a brand new shoei x-14 assail tc-1 with transition lense, and about 2k in repairs and god only knows how many hours to tear it down and fix everything since i have never done more than oil changes and adding a pc5 and quickshifter. learned a lot about the bike but not the way i wanted to haha

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
I missed your response somehow :dunno

Yea turn 7 is a fast corner, I can see how you crashed there. I crashed at TWS on my first day riding exactly like you did. I pushed way too hard on the last session to see what I could do and ended up crashing at 100mph+ on turn 12. But even crashing was a first for me so I got the full experience, as did you lol :cheers

·
Registered
184 Posts
High-side at Putnam Park last fall. Turn 7, "the bus stop" which is luckily the slowest corner. I high-sided several years ago exiting Turn 8 (my favorite) and it was much worse.
Wide line as I expected the faster rider behind me to come underneath. Too much throttle vs lean angle. One of the CRs I was working with about shit when he saw my tires. I should have been on slicks in hind sight, but can't stomach the investment of a generator and tire warmers. I know, penny wise and pound foolish...lol

221 - 236 of 236 Posts
About this Discussion
235 Replies
70 Participants
MadViking
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing