Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
I think I should crash more often. My insurance company paid me 1155 Euros, so I can get new gear. :cheers

I bought a new X-Lite X-802 helmet for 300e, a used Astar rh glove for 20e and suit's repair cost is around 70e.

Arai is going to be my spare helmet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
:punk

funny or not, as in your last picture, my A-star glove teared apart exactly on the same spot in the tumb area in my crash. It seems a pattern to me. Maybe it's time to get my gloves from a different producer :dunno

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts

funny or not, as in your last picture, my A-star glove teared apart exactly on the same spot in the tumb area in my crash. It seems a pattern to me. Maybe it's time to get my gloves from a different producer :dunno
I'm probably going to buy Knox Biomech gloves in near future. Astars broke exactly like Brian says in his Biomech review video. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Today when I get home I will post a picture of the glove, to see it. Did you have any injury in the palm? That hole seems pretty big to me :)

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
dude love the self commentary. more people should put stuff like that in their vids. Real cool. :cheers

PS: youre fucking flying! :punk Love these fast guy vids.

PSS: subscribe to YT account

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts

funny thing is mine ripped in the same spot. that is why i rock helds now

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I've seen deer hit at sumit, cmp, tally, and road Atlanta, it's rare but it does happen

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have watched your videos several times now and the way the other bikes pull away on you is noticeable. I don't think is the bike obviously and you ride great, seen that you catch them in turns. On the other hand, my impression is that you arrive at WOT too soon, which could mean that 1). your gearing is too short; or 2). the ecu is reading low WOT numbers (throttle position) or 3). that you upshift gears too early and thus lose from the powerband. :biggrin

I may be totally wrong here of course. But I had a similar problem after playing unknowingly with my bike's TPS settings.

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
Damn jk750 time to invest in some rs taichi or knox gloves that have the scaphoid sliders. At least you weren't hurt too bad.

·
Registered
120 Posts
201 - 220 of 236 Posts
About this Discussion
235 Replies
70 Participants
MadViking
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing