Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
say my name bish
2,680 Posts
heres my crash pics from 2008 at Grattan raceway (T9, aka the busstop), running in advanced group, memorial day weekend. totaled the bike. the only thing i didnt replace was the frame, motor, swingarm, and wir harness. everything else was trashed.

i suffered a mild concussion, 4 broken ribs, bruised: L hip, L/R knees, L/R ebbows, L shoulder, torn tendon in R index finger. and i have NO memory of the accident. the track photog got the entire highside on camera, but deemed it was too horrific to post on his site, or sell/give me pics of the highside. apparently i was about 15' in the air, along side my bike flying thru the air, then crashing and tumbling.

pics of the aftermath:

Attachments

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,170 Posts
i suffered a mild concussion, 4 broken ribs, bruised: L hip, L/R knees, L/R ebbows, L shoulder, torn tendon in R index finger. and i have NO memory of the accident. the track photog got the entire highside on camera, but deemed it was too horrific to post on his site, or sell/give me pics of the highside. apparently i was about 15' in the air, along side my bike flying thru the air, then crashing and tumbling.
:eek:hmy

·
say my name bish
2,680 Posts
oh, forgot to mention, KO'd upon impact with the tack. the ONLY rason i still ride (track) is due to me having zero memory of the crash. i dont remeber shit. not even my buddies hot wife (now ex) and her g/f friend getting my out of my race suit, boots, A* shorts and under armour, then getting me dressed. wish i had that memory for sure. lol

oh, and apperantly i was hitting on the medic in the back of the track ambulance. my buddy said she was a hottie, so even dazed and confused cant stop me from trying to get some tail. ha ha

·
Registered
65 Posts
oh, and apperantly i was hitting on the medic in the back of the track ambulance. my buddy said she was a hottie, so even dazed and confused cant stop me from trying to get some tail. ha ha
One mighty crash, for sure! :p Good to know that you continue riding. That helmet of yours looks similar to mine after the crash. You've landed face down, haven't you? I was lucky with only one sprained ankle and no brain swelling (most likely the cause of your memory loss).

·
say my name bish
2,680 Posts
the front, both sides and the back are rashed, and the subframe snapped cleanly 3 of the 4 mounting points. still dont know where my visor went to, or my brembo master res cup or why my forks looked liked they were walking from a side pov. lol

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Wow that's moving fast around a track! I did a highside at 110 or so at patriot course at VIR. didn't feel to good.
That is Jake Lewis. Ridiculous fast 15yo in that video

·
Registered
7 Posts
My first post here, Hello! :wacko

I just bought the lady as a track toy, took her out last Friday to our first intimate date together to the track.............then last turn of 3rd lap she decided to get rid of me rather swift and violent, high-siding me head first onto the track. She didn't like to be rushed that early and insisted on a more intense warm up of her thread-less rubbers on that cold & wet (patches) Friday morning... :bitchslap

She's alright-ish - I suffer bruises to angle, shoulder, leg and hand. :banghead

:cheers

bit of a scratch... here

and there...

most costly damage...

most hurting (and shoulder)...

·
Registered
65 Posts
most hurting (and shoulder)...
Looks like a sprained ankle to me :cheers welcome to the club. Just keep your foot off the ground on ice for a week or two and after the swelling goes away start the recovery. It worked like a charm for me, pain and all notwithstanding.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My first post here, Hello! :wacko

I just bought the lady as a track toy, took her out last Friday to our first intimate date together to the track.............then last turn of 3rd lap she decided to get rid of me rather swift and violent, high-siding me head first onto the track. She didn't like to be rushed that early and insisted on a more intense warm up of her thread-less rubbers on that cold & wet (patches) Friday morning... :bitchslap

She's alright-ish - I suffer bruises to angle, shoulder, leg and hand. :banghead

:cheers
Was this your first track day? If so welcome to the addiction :cheers You're bike looks to be in good shape, Did you go back thru tech?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
100mph flying cone. Didn't crash but the cone cracked the front cowl and windscreen and smacked me in the face shield for good measure. :)

Patched up version below as well :)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was this your first track day? If so welcome to the addiction :cheers You're bike looks to be in good shape, Did you go back thru tech?
Well, first time on the 750, first time on slicks and first time on a bike at this track. Actually, first ever fail on a bike bigger than 50cc!

Bike is in good shape thanks to frame slider & GB-Racing cover and because I wasn't very fast ~60-65 Km/h.

Went back on track after taking heaps of painkillers and taping off the scratches at the helmet. :burnout

Would not have happened with my trusty old ZX6r road bike......... :nono

It was a bit of a reality check, this exercise. :scratch

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
My first ever crash. It sucks, because it wasn't entirely my fault. The guy in front of me lost his foot peg and then braked on the racing line.
It happened so fast, I thought I had only two options. Either run into him or try to brake. :lol
Probably could have saved it, by just turning more, but I didn't want to risk it...

Here is a video of the crash

My knee after the crash. I don't know how the hell that happened. I guess my knee hit a kurb or something like that. There is a hole in the suit just above the knee (on the elastic part). Also a small cut on my palm (Astar GP-Pro).

Bike had only minor damage. Fairing stay cracked between the mirror holes on both sides, cracked side fairing, bent slider and exhaust is a little bit banged up. :thumbup

After cleaning and a few painkillers. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry about the crash! take care of that injured knee, just make sure nothing got into the wound under the skin, to avoid unnecessary complications later. Now concentrate on learning from YOUR mistakes! :cheers

About the crash: you were looking at the guy in front of you instead of looking into the corner, that's why you crashed. Never look directly at people on the track, some (novices that is) take crazy lines, brake unexpectedly etc. so you can always count on something like this happening in front of you.

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
JK750 looks like you could have made it on the inside? Doesn't looked like u crashed too bad but that knee looks painful with that roadrash.

·
Registered
65 Posts
man, I just noticed this: you have the same fiberglass fairings as I, mine :) But mind the fact that mine were brought from Italy (Resincorse.it). :biggrin

Here's mine, also with a hole on the right side :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
Sorry about the crash! take care of that injured knee, just make sure nothing got into the wound under the skin, to avoid unnecessary complications later. Now concentrate on learning from YOUR mistakes! :cheers

About the crash: you were looking at the guy in front of you instead of looking into the corner, that's why you crashed. Never look directly at people on the track, some (novices that is) take crazy lines, brake unexpectedly etc. so you can always count on something like this happening in front of you.
I was looking at my corner exit not the guy in front of me. I noticed him slowing down, when you see his foot peg flying in the air. :lol
Because of the fish eye effect, it looks like he is further away than he actually was.

JK750 looks like you could have made in on the inside? Doesn't looked like u crashed too bad but that knee looks painful with that roadrash.
I think so too, but it happened so fast, and I didn't want to risk hitting another rider. :dunno

man, I just noticed this: you have the same fiberglass fairings as I, mine :) But mind the fact that mine were brought from Italy (Resincorse.it). :biggrin

Here's mine, also with a hole on the right side :)
My fairings are made by Ricambi Weiss, and they are for a 1000, so the fit is not perfect.

181 - 200 of 236 Posts
About this Discussion
235 Replies
70 Participants
MadViking
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing