Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I left the streets to avoid certain hazards, apparently deer doesn't know the difference. Only in my second session I met my fate with a large doe (she appeared large in my peripheral vision). I suffered a broken clavicle, and 2 additional ribs. See pixs below for body damage. Stator cover may need to be replaced, rear set, shield, helmet, lower faring, stay, clip on, front fender, fiber glass repair and bondo another repaint. All because of a damn lost deer. Bold items were recently replaced due to previous incident.

Gear did its job

But I fared better than this fellow!

·
Track Pimp......who hates njracer and his love for
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I left the streets to avoid certain hazards, apparently deer doesn't know the difference. Only in my second session I met my fate with a large doe (she appeared large in my peripheral vision). I suffered a broken clavicle, and 2 additional ribs. See pixs below for body damage. Stator cover may need to be replaced, rear set, shield, helmet, lower faring, stay, clip on, front fender, fiber glass repair and bondo another repaint. All because of a damn lost deer. Bold items were recently replaced due to previous incident.

Gear did its job

But I fared better than this fellow!

Wa,waa,waaa,waaaait wait a min. Are you saying you hit the deer at the race track:scratch I will shoot that mofo right after the my crash. sorry to hear that buddy hope you feel better now.

Turk

·
Track Pimp......who hates njracer and his love for
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's two guys at summit point week and a half ago! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW7ktbJzpPs Yep deer don't listen around here either.

unfortunatly my only track get off was a forgot the front brake rule in the grass. Photog didn't get pics. So I guess I fail at contributing properly to this thread.
Dayummm that deer got owned:)

Turk

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
bmfgsxr- Was that at NSS? We were up there the last race watching and guy went down along the back straight. Looks to be about the same place as you in the pic. If it was you hope you are all healed up now!

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
during a track day at njmp thunderbolt, in team pro-motion's advanced/expert group, in the pouring rain, i decide to test the strength of my 1k's vortex rearsets and dave gowland's frame sliders...

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
NJ racer...... post mine up. You have them more accessible than I do of my crashes that have photos :lol

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
i was on the bridgestone rains, they are amazing tires. i just got too greedy with the throttle, and ran out of talent.

turk, that was a few years ago at new jersey motorsports park thunderbolt course, on a cold, wet, march day.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Sound like you did a good job finishing the race.

approx. 100mph, bike tumbled many times, and so did i. i did this leading the race, the subframe was about 10" off center and left clipon was bent in, and i still managed to finish 27th out of about 38ish...

1 - 20 of 236 Posts