Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
what do you have to do to a stock motored 1000 to gain a sec over stock?

i went 9.20's on an 07, but we were spraying a 40 shot and making 189hp. Turning 1.60 60ft's so i am no drag racing pro.

It is very hard for me to imagine a stock motor with no spray in the 8's.
First you have got to get that 60' down. 1 tenth in the 60' is worth 2 tenths in the 1/4.

If you want to run a full second faster than you are now, you will need to do some motor work. A 1070 with gas is a good motor to accomplish this with. Although it's not all about the motor. You have to have the bike properly setup.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
what i mean to say is a completely stock 08 g1K is running 10.20-9.80 depending on the rider and track.

how do you drop a full second off that without ever adding Hp to the bike? I just cannot see it.

i have heard many times that a tenth in the 60ft is two-three tenths in the 1/4. So you set up the bike to launch like hell and it nets 1.50 60ft? Thats 4-6 tenths in the 1/4. Where does the rest of the time come from, and the rest of the mph.

our 07 we built up after killing it. It made 189 on motor, and 231 on spray and I am sure could have reached high 8's had we had enough pass's on it, and got the clutch to be more progressive.

But at 231ho we are nearly 60hp more than stock...lol How do you run 8's with 160hp? I just cannot see it.

And if the hp says the same, then so will the mph generally.

If you are trappin 10mph better than stock then you have more power, either through N2O, motor work.....something.

I had a guy tell me his bike was stock motored, and come to find out when he spun a bearing and needed me to fix it it had a different cam, thinner head gasket, degreed cams, a pressurized fuel tank, a stock pump that was modded to deliver higher pressure...etc he had a 180+ HP "Stock" motor...lol

It's just hard for me to imagine 160hp mpropelling anything of 400lbs or more to 8's.

·
Registered
649 Posts
what i mean to say is a completely stock 08 g1K is running 10.20-9.80 depending on the rider and track.

how do you drop a full second off that without ever adding Hp to the bike? I just cannot see it.

i have heard many times that a tenth in the 60ft is two-three tenths in the 1/4. So you set up the bike to launch like hell and it nets 1.50 60ft? Thats 4-6 tenths in the 1/4. Where does the rest of the time come from, and the rest of the mph.

our 07 we built up after killing it. It made 189 on motor, and 231 on spray and I am sure could have reached high 8's had we had enough pass's on it, and got the clutch to be more progressive.

But at 231ho we are nearly 60hp more than stock...lol How do you run 8's with 160hp? I just cannot see it.

And if the hp says the same, then so will the mph generally.

If you are trappin 10mph better than stock then you have more power, either through N2O, motor work.....something.

I had a guy tell me his bike was stock motored, and come to find out when he spun a bearing and needed me to fix it it had a different cam, thinner head gasket, degreed cams, a pressurized fuel tank, a stock pump that was modded to deliver higher pressure...etc he had a 180+ HP "Stock" motor...lol

It's just hard for me to imagine 160hp mpropelling anything of 400lbs or more to 8's.
I took one of my friends to the track on his 08 1000. He is a beginner rider and this was his second time at the track. He went a best of 9.50 in the 1/4 with some coaching. The bike has more in it but he was a little hesitant to do what I was telling him to do. Another friend rode the same bike and went 9.20's on his first pass on a bike in years. Now these guys weigh about 160-180 lbs and the bike just had a pipe and arm.

The proper bike setup will allow you to slip the clutch enough to keep the RPMs up and will be long enough to not wheelie. If you are wheelieing you are losing time. I went from a +6" arm to 8" and went 2-3 tenths faster because I didn't wheelie.

The 230hp bike would go DEEP into the 8's possibly high 7's. But the key is getting it to launch. You were running a 2 stage lock up on it right??? That was killing you. If you would have run a multistage lock up or better yet a slider, then you would have seen some real times.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
9.50's on an 08!!!!! shit man I just want to get into the 9's!!! LOL But I want to do it stock ride height and wheelbase.

We could never get the clutch to work to be honest. I have zero experiance with them. It was just not progressive at all. Even with all the weights and bolts removed it would not slip and just bog off the line on 8k launches.

ran 1.60 60ft's with stock clutch, and never better that with the lock up and allot more power.

I was foot shifting on the 9.20 pass's (quick shifter), and sprayed in 1st.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Dude, do you ride that on the street? That bitch is LOW!!!

I would be oil pan scared lol.
HAHA!! I ride on the streets, but unstrapped. Dad's highly fertilized grass just makes it looks lower! The guys in the 06/07 forums HATE it with a passion! But :flipoff them! Sprockets and PC3 should be worked in by Spring, so im excited to see how it'll run..

·
Registered
649 Posts
9.50's on an 08!!!!! shit man I just want to get into the 9's!!! LOL But I want to do it stock ride height and wheelbase.

We could never get the clutch to work to be honest. I have zero experiance with them. It was just not progressive at all. Even with all the weights and bolts removed it would not slip and just bog off the line on 8k launches.

ran 1.60 60ft's with stock clutch, and never better that with the lock up and allot more power.

I was foot shifting on the 9.20 pass's (quick shifter), and sprayed in 1st.
I never raced my bike at stock height and wheelbase but 9's are possible. If you put an arm on it, you would be surprised with the amount of time you pick up. I would also get an air shifter instead of the quick shifter. That alone may be enough to put you in the 9's.

·
Registered
256 Posts
To help answer the question how you gain mph with out adding power is easy. Your not adding power just using ALL the power you have. No matter what you can't use 100% unless you have a bar bike and even then traction and clutchs becomes an issue. So things like gear, wheel base, lighter parts, less friction (ie non o-ring chain, ceramic bearings, etc.), and exhaust is the biggest factor on stock bikes. My exhaust alone dropped enough weight and added enough power to net me a 3 tenth gain first day out.

8.70 are more than possible with light riders. Shit I'm 200 lbs suited and I can do it! Jeremy Teasly just went 8.50s on a stock motor Busa but his weight is like 100 lbs suited.:lol

Enough bull here's mine...

08 Busa

Mods include:
Hays lollypop steering dampener and lowering links, Brocks Alien Head, Richie's Tire Michelin 180/55 E compound, 1 down 3 up, bolt-on extentions @ 63" WB, 2" ground clearance, DNA air filter, Bazzaz w/wideband option tuned on MR9 by me, air shifter, and 200Lbs+ suited rider.

First pass 8.85 @ 156.3
Second pass 8.81 @ 155.9
Neither pass was my best 60ft so I could have gona a 70 something but I was happy with the 81.

I just ordered the Brock's Tiwinder so now I will be sitting 1 1/2" lower and 2" longer so it should go faster. I'm running in MiRock Real Street this season and I expect to go 8.70's on motor (with n2o plugs) and will be running a 60 shot but I'm not sure what it will do on the juice. Depends on many factors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxkbtZ-RmkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tKw-1hHbDM

·
Swears off Women, for hot man loving
2,263 Posts
< -------Is heavy and will buy a busa next time hahahaha

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
well come finish it then and bring your credit card with the largest available balance and a down payment for the busa. lol. Better be a big credit card for my plans. I mean your plans.ha ha ha

41 - 60 of 517 Posts
About this Discussion
516 Replies
141 Participants
busdriver416
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing