481 - 500 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's something from the track, i'll post some vids on my topic soon.

MTZ :cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been glancing at this page ever since I bought my 1000. Looking to get back into racing, its been quite a few years. Not gonna give you guys a life story but I've been racing since I was 9 and I'm 21 now. Started on my 80cc dirtbike, through to 250s, 600s, then moved onto my brothers 'fun' dragbike. Gotta go digging through old folders to find photos of all those bikes I rode.

The above bike is my brothers bike with me on it.
1216 kit? (don't hold me too it I'm not too sure)
Ported Heads
Cams
6inch Extended Swingarm
Strutted
Bars
Slick
That's all I can remember Sorry. Tonnes of electrical gizmos under the seat.
Best I ever ran on it was a 9.87 @ around 127MPH. That was going back to when I was 18, and the last time I ever sat on a dragbike. (And back at around 125kgs, now I'm weighing a comfortable 88 and wouldn't mind seeing if I could go quicker on it haha)

Picked this one up at auctions after watching my brother manhandle his turbo'd comp bike down the local 1/8th mile track. Made me realize I miss racing. Haven't taken her down the strip yet. Probably going to go this weekend. But I've got lowering links, and swingarm extensions on their way from the states, so I'm looking forward to having a hobby again. Not really expecting quick times, just looking to have some fun.

Also got a question for all you boys out there. What's your opinion on lowering the front end? Is it better with the strap? Or pulling the forks through? Any help would be appreciated. Oh and sorry for the long essay. Bit of history running back to me looking at all these photos.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I took my bike out a couple weekends ago at stock wheelbase and went 10.9 at 135mph. Thought I would of done better but without a lot of seat time it's nothing to snicker at. Then my extensions and lowering links came and I threw them on and took it out last weekend. Ran a whole bunch of 10.0s and 10.1s. But once I got used to it and getting my launches down, I managed to pull a couple 9.9s. Best was a 9.95 at 140 mph and the 60ft was a 1.67. Pretty stoked at that, with more seat time I hope to be consistently in the 9s.

Here's what it looks like now.

Here's an action shot from the weekend.

I apologize for the jacket. My new leathers hadn't been sent yet and had to wear my street riding jacket haha.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice mate, I'm from sydney, I've got the same model as yours k3/4. Been at this drag racing about two years now. My best at swb is [email protected] I've lowered mine in the front about 1 1/2" through the triple tree, and I use a strap to pull it down some more. Have adjustable lowering links in the rear. Air shifter, drag seat and -1 front sprocket. I've just picked up extensions, shinko hookup, need new chain and sprockets then go have some more fun. I'm addicted now!
http://imageshack.com/a/img62/8914/jwd9.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Photo's and a vid from the last test day I did at Sydney.

https://youtu.be/wXwgkrzwXxM
9.75 @ 140 MPH

Not really much of an update on the bike. Just put an airshifter on it, and a custom little shorty megaphone. Sounds pretty tough, went 16/48 gearing, pulling constant low 1.6s in the 60. Pretty consistent so far. For the amount of cash I've spent on it, it's been a nice cheap and easy way to run 9s down the quarter all day haha.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Oooooo,Sonny got serious:punk
Bike looks good:cheers

Havent posted a pic in awhile;Shamoo is ready for some grudge runs this Saturday&lookin damn sexxy if I do say so myself:yumyum

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Thank you :cheers

481 - 500 of 517 Posts
About this Discussion
516 Replies
141 Participants
busdriver416
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing